Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 Director Show Question

dqhall

I am interested in running my show using a N2-G4-MP3 director for this coming year. But I have a few questions regarding how a MP3 Director runs a show. Hoping someone with experience can provide me with some insight.

1. When playing a show on a schedule and it reaches the "End Time", does it finish playing the current musical sequence (not a animation sequence) gracefully or does it abruptly stop?

2. I could not find any information regarding shutdown sequences but does the MP3 Director not support a shutdown sequence? If not, could you build a show with the same sequences repeating over and over and place a closing sequence at the end? You could set the MP3 Director to "Play once from start to end". 

Just curious how this works.

Thanks.
Doug

1. Ends gracefully. Finishes song, then moves to next show (or Off if no show scheduled.)

2. Does not have Shutdown sequence option. "Play once from start to end" would do exactly that. If the show was set to run for 4 hours, but you have the Play Once set, it will play the songs/animation from the right side (of the Hub) one time, then the filler sequence or the 'all on' option. If no filler/all on, then nothing.

So If I understand correctly, if I wanted my show to run for 5 hours (5pm-10pm), I would repeat my 5 sequences over and over until they total approximately 5 hours. That's 165 entries in the Show. Can the MP3 Director handle that many show entries in the list even though it's only really 5 sequences?

image.png.a6513bf80856709689e95016e6b7509e.png

1 minute ago, dqhall said:

So If I understand correctly, if I wanted my show to run for 5 hours (5pm-10pm), I would repeat my 5 sequences over and over until they total approximately 5 hours. That's 165 entries in the Show. Can the MP3 Director handle that many show entries in the list even though it's only really 5 sequences?

Despite what some members think, no, it can only have 99 in there. (Unless something changed in S6 I'm not aware of.)
That having been said. Remove #165 and see how long the show is. Then schedule your show to run from 5:00 - 1 minute SHORTER than the length of what shows above. 
Create a 2nd show that starts at the end of Show 1, and have it run 5 minutes. (or however long you want.) Set it to Play Once/Lights off. 

Then remove #6-#164 and you should be good to go. 

One last question Don, if I do what you suggest and my last sequence from Show 1 ends at 9:55pm, I would start Show 2 at 9:54pm. Will Show 2 wait until Show 1 completes before playing?

If a musical sequence is playing at 9:54pm, then it will complete the musical sequence before starting a new one.

You want Show 2 to be longer in length so that it actually has time to run. If you were to schedule it for 5 minutes, but your Show 1 ran over by 6 (long musical sequence, etc.) then Show 2 would never run.

There should be an option when you create the show that says (repeat show). You can either have the show repeat over and over until the time is done or just end after one play through.

I have run N2-G3-MP3 for years up until this year when I switched to a PC. Here's how I would do what you are proposing.

Use two separate shows. (You can have up to 8 shows per card)

Show 1 - 5pm to 10pm - Your 5 sequences set as "When scheduled, Show 1 will..." loop continually

Show 2 - 10pm - 10:15pm - Your Closing sequence set as "When scheduled, Show 2 will..." play once from start to end then stop and "Between the shows the lights are..." Off