Light-O-Rama Forums

Data Port Repair

beagledudley

Hello all. I have 3 version 1 controllers, and 2 version 5 I’m having trouble with. All of these have port issues. If I REALLY mess with the cat5 where it plugs into the controller I can sometimes get a momentary connection. When I inspect the data ports, all of the prongs are in place and properly attached to the board. I know I can get them repaired by light o Rama, but if it’s something I can simply fix at home or what could be wrong? Thanks!  

Replacement Data Ports are available and you could do the Rework yourself.. That is what you are paying for when using the LOR Repair Service..

8 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

Replacement Data Ports are available and you could do the Rework yourself.. That is what you are paying for when using the LOR Repair Service..

Plus Shipping would be a killer. If you can't do the rework yourself, locate a local electronics repair that can handle SMD items. You can order parts from LOR if your shop can't get them elsewhere.

💡 LOR sells Network dongles. Way CHEAPER than repairs. All you need is a hole saw to carefully drill the hole. (for older AC, the door might be an easier mount place for 2 of these.)

I use these on all my (cableguard mounted) controllers: Lower right

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BjuuMb1R5x0u-NmzX4J3vtB6zNKjtqf5/view?usp=share_link

Add the RJ45 dongles to your controllers, it removes the stress off the data ports and you actually wouldn't even need to open the control box to connect your controllers to the network.

https://store.lightorama.com/collections/communications/products/rjwada

Edited by Mr. P