Light-O-Rama Forums

S6 Bug found in Custom prop builder.

Box on Rails

Here is my issue that lead to the finding what I think is a Bug.  I need a 100x50 matrix prop for SE with 150 pixels per string. I can't figure out how to set up this prop in any of the Matrix prop makers. When I try to set it up, I set it to 150 pixels per string with one fold. unfortunately the fold needs to be at pixel 100 on the first row and 50 carry over to the next row. then the next string needs 50 pixels and 100 carry over. The Matrix prop maker sets the fold at pixel 75 and 75 carry over. That's not gonna work. So I set up a Custom prop with the 5000 pixels numbered in a 100x50 spreadsheet and pasted it to the Custom prop spread sheet. I have it saved with the light controllers set to "to be determined" because it won't allow the last Row under the Network information to be any circuit number but zero. This generates a warning window that states start circuit on row 6 can not be zero. and it will not allow me to save it with either  a LOR set up or a DMX Universe set up. Needless to say If there is a way to set up a 100 x 50 Matrix using 150 pixels per string that will fold at 100 pixels on the first string then the second string will need to fold at pixel 50. If there is a way let me know. Matt If your listening I can send you the prop. Pictured below shows one of the set ups I tried. And I tried everything possible to get rid of the issue.  Thanks all

Kenny Jure

Matrix issue.jpg

I can't make it 100x50 because 150 doesn't divide evenly into 5000; but I can make one that is 100x51. The trick is to tell it that the strings are 300 pixels long, which can be divided equally over 3 rows (2 folds). Setting Max Circuit to 450 ensures there are only 150 pixels per unit id. Look at the Layout View for this - I think it does what you want (other than the extra row).

image.png

There is a way to have a 100x50 matrix without additional rows and without the errors. Using the custom prop was the right path to achieve that, however, it has a feature that sort of gets in the way which I have used before but totally overlooked with the error reported. When the custom grid has number that starts with 1000, it correlates that to string 2. When it starts at 2000, it correlates to string 3. Basically the feature divides the pixel number by 1000 and adds one to get a string number and the remainder is the pixel within that string. This is why your custom prop had 6 rows/strings with the six one giving an error because it was creating strings 999 pixels long.

The solution was to generate a csv that takes into account the string increments at 1000 feature. Here are links to both the CSV and the prop file I created to get the 100x50 dimensions.

100x50 Matrix.lpeprop
100x50.csv

7 hours ago, Jeremiah Ackermann said:

There is a way to have a 100x50 matrix without additional rows and without the errors. Using the custom prop was the right path to achieve that, however, it has a feature that sort of gets in the way which I have used before but totally overlooked with the error reported. When the custom grid has number that starts with 1000, it correlates that to string 2. When it starts at 2000, it correlates to string 3. Basically the feature divides the pixel number by 1000 and adds one to get a string number and the remainder is the pixel within that string. This is why your custom prop had 6 rows/strings with the six one giving an error because it was creating strings 999 pixels long.

The solution was to generate a csv that takes into account the string increments at 1000 feature. Here are links to both the CSV and the prop file I created to get the 100x50 dimensions.

100x50 Matrix.lpeprop
100x50.csv

I see what you did. I did not know this. I downloaded the prop and it loaded right up and set up perfect. thanks