Light-O-Rama Forums

Help creating in the preview a Spiral tree with Pixels and a Pixie 16

Tony Shepherd

I am looking to change 16 AC channels on my Webber / Spiral tree to 16 strings of 50 pixels running on a Pixie 16.

I want to be able to programme them like I would AC channels rather than just use motion effects so I need each string to be individually programmable.

In the preview I have tried adding a Pixie 16. This gives me the Pixie 16 and 16 lines for each string but I don’t know how to make it a 360 Spiral tree. 

I have also tried adding a 360 spiral tree and setting it as RGB but this way I don’t know how to associate it to the Pixie 16 and also it doesn’t give me the 16 rows to programme.

Could someone point me in the right direction as I have spent several hours trying different options?

Any Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

24 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

You would have to set the Unit ID assigned to the Pixie16 and adjust the Number of turns in the spiral... But each String would be a single (Motion Effect) row

16x Spiral Pixel Tree.lpeprop 3.24 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you so much I have just imported it and it looks like this will work fine.  I will have a play with it later to fully test.  I do find it difficult to know which is best, adding a Pixie or creating a prop and assigning the correct Pixie id. 

I'm am AC man really but just playing with Pixels to save multiple strings.  I want them to look like AC lights and want to programme them as AC lights.  I don't seem to get what i want from the motion effects.

Thanks again.

Tony

'm 

4 minutes ago, Tony Shepherd said:

Thank you so much I have just imported it and it looks like this will work fine.  I will have a play with it later to fully test.  I do find it difficult to know which is best, adding a Pixie or creating a prop and assigning the correct Pixie id. 

I'm am AC man really but just playing with Pixels to save multiple strings.  I want them to look like AC lights and want to programme them as AC lights.  I don't seem to get what i want from the motion effects.

Thanks again.

Tony

'm 

Actually, they won't look like AC (multiple interleaved) strings. Those can be distinct colors all at the same time. A Pixel is only the current color. at best, you can set the adjacent node to another color, but then, the wrap needs to be closer together. Win some, lose some effects 😁

Just a suggestion, while what you propose is possible, it would be better to take the time and convert your thinking to pixels (rows and columns).  Eventually, you are going to want to do something simple like row by row from bottom to top, etc.  A spiral motion effect is quite simple to do. 

1 hour ago, TexasLights said:

Just a suggestion, while what you propose is possible, it would be better to take the time and convert your thinking to pixels (rows and columns).  Eventually, you are going to want to do something simple like row by row from bottom to top, etc.  A spiral motion effect is quite simple to do. 

Thanks I understand that but I really don’t like the look of all pixels in strips, they are just too straight for my liking.  
I also like the spiral tree and certain movements which I can sequence easily the old fashion way but can’t work out how to achieve with the motion effects.   
I guess I’m just old fashioned. 
tony 

Consider each effect row (colorwash effect - single color) as if a string...

If you had 16 Channel AC tree - then would it be safe to say not every string was same color?

As a Test - copy the 16 AC Channels from one of your sequences - into the 16 Motion Effect Rows for the Spiral Tree

Edited by Jimehc

1 hour ago, Jimehc said:

Consider each effect row (colorwash effect - single color) as if a string...

If you had 16 Channel AC tree - then would it be safe to say not every string was same color?

As a Test - copy the 16 AC Channels from one of your sequences - into the 16 Motion Effect Rows for the Spiral Tree

I have 16 spirals of warm white and 16 channels of cool white on the tree plus 4 channels of Red, 4 Blue 8 straight warm white and 1 channel of green.  Total 49 channels. (It takes two days to build)
I wanted to swap out the cool white spirals for pixels so I could spiral in cool red blue and green. 
I have tried the copy and paste from my current tree and it seems to work as I would like it.  
This shows it in action currently   

https://vimeo.com/377803179

thanks

Tony