Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone review sequences?

dblack

Created my first sequence to the Minions singing Universal Fanfare. It was short enough and easy enough to start with learning. Just wondering if anyone would be willing to review and provide any feedback?

On 1/16/2023 at 1:10 PM, TexasLights said:

How would you want to do that?  Web/Zoom call?  

I hadn't thought about a call. I was thinking I could just send someone the file but I guess that wouldn't work?

4 hours ago, dblack said:

I hadn't thought about a call. I was thinking I could just send someone the file but I guess that wouldn't work?

Why not make a video of it and post on youtube? Then everyone can take a look.

On 1/20/2023 at 11:15 AM, gsmith37064 said:

Why not make a video of it and post on youtube? Then everyone can take a look.

I just got a new computer with Windows 11 and so I can do a screen recording now, so I'll do that before long.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a video preview. I actually changed it up from what I had initially because I added flood lightsm and picked yellow since it's the Minions, though I'm not sure how it'll actually look on the house. I'm open to any feedback because like I mentioned in the OP this was the first sequence I started with. I may at some point add in the LOR 8 mini tree kit, but for now this is what I'm working with.

AC controller w/ 4 roof segments, 4 main level windows, 4 downstairs windows/garage doors, 4 spiral trees, and the LOR RGB flood light package.

Nice job. It looks good in the preview. Hopefully yellow will turn out well on your brick.

You could plug one in now and test the color of the floods. Brick can throw the color off depending on the color of brick you have.

19 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

What are you using to reach your roof-line? Ladder, lift, hired help?

I hired someone to put lights up this year and he used a lift and provided all the lights. He said he would be willing to put my light new light strands up for me next year, so that's the current plan.

If not, I think I can reach the sides with a ladder but would have to rent a lift for the peaks.

22 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Nice job. It looks good in the preview. Hopefully yellow will turn out well on your brick.

You could plug one in now and test the color of the floods. Brick can throw the color off depending on the color of brick you have.

Thanks. I actually haven't ordered the floods yet. I'm working on finishing up my light strands and building frames for the windows. I'll probably order them soon though.

2 hours ago, dblack said:

I hired someone to put lights up this year and he used a lift and provided all the lights. He said he would be willing to put my light new light strands up for me next year, so that's the current plan.

If not, I think I can reach the sides with a ladder but would have to rent a lift for the peaks.

A lift or hiring someone this season is my goal. I took a tumble off the ladder and busted my shoulder. I had to have a plate and bolts installed. Not fun!!

7 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

A lift or hiring someone this season is my goal. I took a tumble off the ladder and busted my shoulder. I had to have a plate and bolts installed. Not fun!!

Ouch, sorry to hear that! The guy that put mine up brought a trailer/pull behind type lift. I found one I can rent for $300-$400, but would rather he just come back and put them up.

• The topic was locked