Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding a new view

Vince4xmas

LOR V6.1.8 pro

Adding a new view. Then rearrange prop order. Then save view.

When sequence is opened again new view reverts back to old order (rearrangement of props not correct).

Please advise. Thanks.

Unable to duplicate - however this was in 6.1.10.  Making sure we are on the same page.  Here is what I did:

1)  Open Sequencer (directly, not from Control Panel).

2)  Open a sequence

3)  Create new view and add some props to that view - save the view.

4)  In sequencing grid, re-arrange some of those props

5)  Save the sequence with a test name

6)  Exit Sequencer

7)  Open Sequencer

8)  Open the test sequence.

Props were in the order that I had rearrange them in step 4.

I will update to version 6.1.10.

These are single props......rearranging motion effect rows.

OK, sort of confirm.  If you rearrange motion effects rows on the sequencing grid, it does not stick.  If you rearrange motion effects rows in the "Edit Motion Effects" selection, that does stick.

That was in 6.1.10 - despite what my profile says (won't let me set 6.1.10

Edited by k6ccc

I had seen the same issue this season, including others with motion effect rows not working as I would expect. The biggest issue occurs when you copy or clone a prop in your preview. The newly copied prop will look correct in the preview, but once in a sequence, issues can start happen. I believe the reason occurs because after looking at the xml in the preview file, the motion effect row ids in the copied prop have identical GUIDs as the original prop.

Setup (all props RGB and DMX in my case). I did all steps with 6.1.10.
1) Create a new preview
2) Add an arch and just make 5 motion effect rows by subdividing the columns by 5
3) Clone the created arch
4) Create a star prop. I created 5 default motion effect rows by subdividing columns again.

Issue 1
Create a sequence with the new preview, right click Arch 1's motion effect rows to edit them. You can safely click Merge Defaults and the motion effect rows are unchanged, because they match. Now do the same with Arch 2, the copied arch. Every motion effect row gets duplicated instead of merged. It will continue to duplicate each time you hit merge with defaults.

Issue 2
Using the star, right click motion effect rows to edit. Select all and delete, hit ok. None of them stay deleted. If you delete a couple, you will notice the deleted ones come back, but in a different order. Not quite the ordering issue mentioned here, but partially related.

Issue 3
This one I did not replicate at the moment, but I have seen it plenty of times and could be related to the original post. If I had existing sequences, made preview changes, then re-opened those sequences, the "Show All Items" actually did not show all items. I would have props missing, and not props that I recently added or modified either. Again, not sure if this is related to the duplicate motion effect row Ids and the app handling an exception in a way that didn't let all the items show. When I was in this state, I could create a new view and add them to the new view. So thankfully that was a work around. But on a related note, the Sort functionality for the view would show completely different number of props/groups when this issue occurred compared to a sequence that was working. If I recall correctly, I had to modify the preview with an unimportant change (like prop name or comment) while the sequence was opened. Unless I am remembering incorrectly and the bug was due to modifying the preview while a sequence using that preview was opened. In either case, I saw issues with "Show All Items" not showing all items.

Edited by Jeremiah Ackermann

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the detailed analysis!

I have been able to reproduce issue #1. The cause was as you stated and it will be fixed in the next release.

I can also reproduce #2, but it has a different root cause. I will keep you updated.

9 hours ago, MattBrown said:

I have been able to reproduce issue #1. The cause was as you stated and it will be fixed in the next release.

I can also reproduce #2, but it has a different root cause. I will keep you updated.

Sounds great, thanks!