Light-O-Rama Forums

Question about rope light

dblack

I was planning to make 4 mini trees for use in channels 13-16 on my AC controller. I wanted to go for the spiral look so I was planning to use green LED rope light.

I have found several that say dimmable, but I’ve told I’d need to add a dimmer.

https://www.christmaslightsetc.com/p/2-Wire-Green-LED-Rope-Light-120-Volt-18-ft-62008.htm

Is the LOR AC controller serving as my dimmer in this case or is there something separate I’m supposed to buy to use an LED rope light?

The plug (pigtail) has the fuse/rectifier from what I can see. So that is needed.

I don't see dimable mentioned (nor non) Just be aware with most 120V LED strings, these can not be cut.

On those others: do they say you MUST use their dimmers? Do they specify dimming method (LOR AC uses PWM)?

57 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

The plug (pigtail) has the fuse/rectifier from what I can see. So that is needed.

I don't see dimable mentioned (nor non) Just be aware with most 120V LED strings, these can not be cut.

On those others: do they say you MUST use their dimmers? Do they specify dimming method (LOR AC uses PWM)?

I chatted with someone there and she told me they were dimmable but I’d need a dimmer from somewhere like Home Depot. Others, like these: 

https://thechristmaslightemporium.com/products/rope-light-green-1-2-led-150-spool?variant=36236217484#p_description

say they are dimmable for use with computer light shows, so I just wasn’t sure exactly what I need (if anything) if I want to use LED rope light.

I bought several dimmable rope lights this year and they dimmed directly from the controller perfectly. When I get home I can see where I got them and send you a link.

• Like 1