Light-O-Rama Forums

Two computers on the same network?

PCRail

I would like to be able to interrupt a sequence (Santa's Nice List) during a show to edit it (add names). The sequence controls a single controller ( Beaglebone Ethernet with Falcon Player)and single prop (P10 Panels). Neither would be a part of the show sequences.  SInce I want the show to continue while I add kids' names to Santa's list, I thought a second computer would be the answer.  My question is, can I run this second computer on the same network as other ethernet controllers being controlled by the show computer? In the past, I've run the sequence as a background during the show but kids show up and I take names but can't add names until the show isn't running. I want to do better on the fly next year, so any ideas would be great. Thanks. Richard

Just to make sure I have this right, the show computer is not controlling the P10 matrix at all (not in the preview AND the E1.31 networks for the P10 are NOT in Network Preferences).  The second computer would ONLY be controlling the P10 matrix.

Assuming that to be the case, no problem at all.  In fact I do that quite regularly during the off season when I am sequencing.  The server is controlling the year round landscape lighting - a lot of which is E1.31, and the sequencing computer often is controlling the P5 and P10 matrix.  They are both on the same LAN.