Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday-Light-Express Pre-Sale Started Before Christmas--Ends 2/28/23

Yodlei

Didn't see a way to just edit my Title on the thread I posted in April when I bought, per multiple recommendations here last year, my first order.

I just bought what I hope was my last batch for awhile. Everything I needed was still in-stock. Ordered last night & already got the ship notification that my order went out today. They are very fast!

Word of caution...if you decorate for earlier holidays like I do, might want to split your order in 2 if some lights aren't in stock. Didn't get them until very late last year & didn't get my Halloween or Christmas done this year like I would've liked to.

Another hint...when I got my huge 1st order last year, the bags aren't marked with string count & after counting 10 or so bags, I ended up finding the count on 1 of the labels & figured out "the code". TSD-35-2 would be 70. TSD-25-4 & TSD-50-2 would be 100, etc.

In case anyone newbies wanted to read my original post last April, it is still under General Decorating. Thought Coffee Shop was for users selling their equipment & other Misc. non-lighted info/talk?

Just a word of warning about theses lights.  I bought several cases of the M6 LED Holiday Lights (70 per string Green wire).  The listing indicates that these are over 24 ft long.  Actually, they are about 21 ft long.  When I mentioned this to them, they were surprised and said they has always been 24 ft.  I was able to modify my display to make them work.   I plan to order more this year.  I'll see if they are still 21 ft or if they are back to 24 ft.

1 hour ago, rick gurnee said:

Just a word of warning about theses lights.  I bought several cases of the M6 LED Holiday Lights (70 per string Green wire).  The listing indicates that these are over 24 ft long.  Actually, they are about 21 ft long.  When I mentioned this to them, they were surprised and said they has always been 24 ft.  I was able to modify my display to make them work.   I plan to order more this year.  I'll see if they are still 21 ft or if they are back to 24 ft.

Not about these specifically, but strings have 2 lengths: overall (which is what advertisers do,  because it appears bigger  and Lighted Length (first bulb to last...stretched tight)

I found many Walmart 14, 16 Ga heavy duty cords come up a bit short. Looks like they measure 45' of wire, then strip and attach the ends. that is a 45' cord (I have different colors, different Ga, different batches)

Actually, what they say is 

• Lights per String: 70
  • Light Spacing: 4 inches
  • Lead and Tail: 4 inches
  • Overall Length: 24.3 feet

I have two problems with this.  First, at 4" spacing and 70 lights the total length (including tail & lead) should be 4 + 4 *(70-1) + 4  = 23.67 ft  not 24.3 ft.

Second, I measured them and they are 21.4 ft.  That 3 feet made a big difference on replacing strings on my MegaTree.