Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding ac controller to show

Tim Lytle

I’m trying to add ac controller to a mostly rgb show.... running S5 pro... preview has “House 1” which runs traditional controller regular network unit ID 1 start/end circuit 4..... when running sequences... preview shows lights working.... but in actuality... they do not work at controller.... controller is ID 1 and standard light string is plugged into outlet 4. ...... what am I missing.

Does that channel work if you try to control it from the Hardware Utility?

Is the LOR Network Enhanced or non-enhanced, and what is the network speed?

Is the AC controller a Gen-3 controller (status LED is green vs Red)?

That's enough for now...

When I watch the show with the playback window.... it shows the lights as they should be responding .... however... physically... nothing is happening with the lights (garage door outlined with standard bulbs)

Two different tests (don't do this during a real show when there is an audience).  First is drop the network speed to 128K.  If you have a lot of other stuff, you may get lots of lag, but the purpose of the test is to see if the controller will not operate at 500K.  Second test (do this separately from the other test).  Change the network to non-enhanced.  If you are using Motion Effects, you likely will not be able to perform this test because Motion Effects require Enhanced networking.  The purpose of this test is to determine if the controller will not operate on an Enhanced network.

Is the AC controller brand new or has it been sitting around for years?  What is the firmware version of the AC controller and what is the exact model number - HU will tell you both?

Can’t set speed to 128k.... options are 19.2.....57.6....500....and 1000(PixCon 16s only) .......when I changed speeds to various other speeds....still no action ....HOWEVER, when I put speed (regular network) back to 500k.... and turned off the “enhanced”.... the lights did actually work then.  New problem then becomes my 4 basic RGB arches .... I get a warning that says the “motion effects cannot be played because they are on an LOR network that is not enhanced.  Either disable controlling lights, update the Prop Definition, update Network Preferences, or remove the motion effects.   Just asking what my best option might be moving forward?  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Tim Lytle said:

Controller comes up as 16PC-G3 Ver 1.06

You need to update firmware. 

---> CTB16PCg3-V1_08.lhx (the CTB16PCg3 card and the gen3 residential controllers): Added support for Enhanced LOR networks.

2 hours ago, Tim Lytle said:

Can’t set speed to 128k.... options are 19.2.....57.6....500....and 1000(PixCon 16s only)

I said that one wrong.  115.4K - not 128.  But it should have been there...

However looks like my second option - Enhanced network was the issue.  As Don said, update the firmware and you should be good to go.