Light-O-Rama Forums

Cpc pixel tree(16*25) not working

Furnace St

Having trouble getting the pixel tree(16*25) working with current starter setup. The red status light stays solid when powered and the cat5 is plugged in and daisy chained to other controllers. I changed the network speed on the SD card to 500k but can't switch to enhanced. I don't believe the sequences are rgb if that matters. If I control the tree in hardware utility it only does a few lights. Not sure what I'm missing. Using director n2-g4-mp3 and the firmware is most current. Any help is appreciated.

A Pixie8 uses 8 ID's by itself. You said you are daisy chaining (other controllers?)

You need Advanced just to get the count up high enough

And up to  Pro to enable Enhanced mode

What each can di is on the chart partway down

https://store.lightorama.com/collections/software/products/newlicense

I have the cat5 in from one controller to another, the other controller that goes through the pixie8 controller works fine. Seems like something is not telling it what to do. Kinda new to this setup 

Anything will work in the Hardware Utility, what they are telling you is that a Basic Plus license only allows the use of up to four Unit ID's and a Pixie8 use eight Unit ID's. You do not have a high enough license to run your setup. You have two options, upgrade your license or take the tree out of your setup.

Edited by Mr. P

I upgraded to pro, and set the speed to 500k in enhanced mode on the SD card and the tree still doesn't light up. Test mode works fine but nothing when the director is playing. Not sure if there's another place to set the speed on the control panel.

Are you using the “advance mode” while creating the show card?

uou must use Advance and set the network speed correctly 

3 hours ago, Furnace St said:

Is that on the S6 control panel program?

Its in the same place you create the SD card. In the very first post you say you can create the SD card but not make it Enhanced.

You can only create that in the "advanced SD card creation" not in "simple" mode.

JR