Light-O-Rama Forums

Quick question about connecting two 50 pixel string (bulbs) and circuit numbering

tlogan

Quick question, hoping for a quick response!

I have two 50 count pixel bulb strings connected to make a string of 100. If the ;last bulb on the first string is 50, what is the circuit of the first bulb on the second string? How do I account for what is in between the two strings?

Edited by tlogan
spelling

13 minutes ago, tlogan said:

Thanks, but do I need to account for this that show up between the two strings?

Screenshot 2022-12-12 114033.png

Looks like you add the Macro rows. You can delete the Macrow rows.

• Like 1

Smart strings connected end to end are a single string (the node channel is by Position on the string, not burned into the node).

Cut a 50 node string into 5 parts and attach them to 5 PORTS and you have 5 Node 1's

• Like 1

Now a new issue...lights seem to be working as I expected wit his one issue. ALL of the lights on second string, except the first 6, flash really fast if they are on for more than about .5 second. The entire first string works as expected. I attached brand new string of bullets and the same thing happens. The two strings have an extension between them. IS this likely to be a power injection issue? The first string is connected directly to the Pixie II.

The Pixie ll is only 5A (60watts) so depending on Brand of Pixels, it could be a power issue.. Test without the extension..

And How long is the extension? The nodes do not have the data line drive that the controller does. A null pixel mid point of the extension may help, but power can also be an issue on (made) longer runs

They are all from LOR.  Extension is 15ft. It would be really hard to connect to that string directly to the controller. I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow and see if I can move the controller closer. 

3 hours ago, tlogan said:

They are all from LOR.  Extension is 15ft. It would be really hard to connect to that string directly to the controller. I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow and see if I can move the controller closer. 

Try turning the intensity down to about 30% if you havent done so yet.

JR

• The topic was locked