Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy Light Linker & Singing Faces

mattmetzger

I am a little confused about something! The details of the ELLs note that they do not support ELOR speeds - but it also says that they are appropriate for Singing Trees. The new Singing Trees (V2) each have about 200 RGB lights. I assume that means they will not work via an ELL but I wasn't sure.

As with any "rule" there are indeed exceptions. If you look in the Hardware Utility with a CCRII (aka Pixie2) connected, you will see there is an option to select singing faces mode (or something like that, I don't have one in front of me at the moment.) What happens then is that the data usage is consolidated thus using less network space which allows the ELL's to function in that environment.

Remember that the ELL is an old product, and until recently, singing faces were 6 - 12 channels of AC light strings, so that reference may well refer to the older non-pixel based singing trees.

Correct that ELLs can't operate at speeds faster than 115.4 K and can not at any speed handle Enhanced LOR protocol, so their ability to handle pixels is extremely limited.  What Don referred to may be about the only exception.  I also don't have one, but there is a way to fake a Pixie2 into functioning as a dumb RGB controller (specifically for singing faces).  Can't help you on the how part of that...

Resolution: 1 works on all Pixies to make a Port behave as 1 dumb string.

The problem is this affects ALL PORTS on that device. Not much of an issue with a Pixie2.

BTW This is not compatible with using the Prop mode (on advanced screen)