Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help-3 Controllers for Light Show and One doesn’t work

10 Lights A-Leaping

I had a successful light show with 2 controllers last Christmas and a successful one this year for Halloween with 2 controllers.  I added a 3rd controller for my Christmas light show this year.  I did a test which worked and set it as unit ID #3.  I was set back a couple weeks because of a bad snowstorm and high winds (Buffalo, NY).  I ran a test show last night and 3rd controllers 11 channels aren’t working during the show.  Green light blinked and then went solid green when cat5 cable was inserted.  I ran another test on the controller and it worked again.  My software is pro, so that’s not the problem.  Any help or advice would be much appreciated.  I wanted to start my show today, but I’ll have to run it without the lights from controller #3.  Thank you again.

If you have an archived prop, its because it was in the sequence but not in the preview. So the software hangs onto the sequence entry and the programming for it, just in case and archives it. Its there, but it won't play because its not in the preview. You can view anything archived in the Sequencer/Sequencer Pulldown-Tab, them select Manage Archived Props

Is there any other suggestions.  I tested it again through hardware utility and the controller is working.   I know the cat5 cords aren’t the problem.

Ok, lets back up then and verify those 11 channels first. From the CP, open the HU. You'll see two messages to a acknowledge. Refresh the list of controllers and insure the problem child is there. Do yourself a favor and walk outside and insure the inside light is NOT blinking. It should be on steady and inside, it should have shown up as available. Yes, I know you said you did all this already but lets check again. What model of controller is it? Are you sending commands via an regular network adapter or a red one and selected enhanced? I'm asking because older controllers won't work with the enhanced mode. Also, you might not be able to run enhanced mode if you aren't using the red adapter, so if enhanced is turned on, black adapter, turn off the enhanced and lower the speed to either 115 or slower.

If all of that doesn't find something, can you run the lights via the sequencer alone by playing a sequence? Do the the problem channels light up as they should? If they do then the preview is Ok. If they don't, you know where to go.

Past all this, I'd suggest turning in a help desk ticket with LOR. They have the ability to get into your PC via software they'll have you use. They will look and find out what is wrong.

Oh, let me add...did you select the correct preview for the sequence(s)? Yes, it is changeable so I'm wondering if you have an older preview attached to the sequence?

Thank you for the suggestions.  I will try the HU advice you gave me when I get home from work.  I did have some songs to a different preview from last year, but changed it to a current preview to this year.  Is that  what you were asking?

I was asking about the preview being assigned to the sequence(s) that use those channels that are not working. They might be assigned in the preview you chose but it might not be the one that's selected for the actual sequence. I'm hoping that I'm not steering you in the wrong direction. Probably easier to contact the help desk and see what they can find.