Light-O-Rama Forums

Can the whole house fm transmitter 3.0 be used on a computers aux port?

Commodore

Yes, the Whole Room transmitter can be plugged into an Aux port on your computer.  You likely will need to adjust levels (pretty much whatever you plug it into).

Just like Jim said, adjust levels both on the PC and the transmitter. It is very easy to overmodulate the signal on those things. I bring my volumes down all the way and then work my way up slowly. Best to do that only on one device at a time. Remember that people in their cars can turn up the volume too so that's a 3rd source of volume. To test it out completely I go into my car and listen rather than a outdoor speaker that handles FM. Most people are listening in their cars so use that as the final point of sound. The car radio is the best source to control volume. You just want to get a solid sounding signal coming out and then stop.

BTW, don't expect your show audio to sound as loud as some other local FM station.  They are using audio compressors and other audio processing to reduce quiet periods and make it sound louder.  You're not.

• Like 1