Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller green but no lights

Yooperdad

I’m running a brand new showtime central into a used LOR controller CTB16PCG3. Everything works on the showtime central, the mp3 is powered and playing music, and the transceiver is transmitting fine. The cat 5 cable is plugged into the central port on the controller and the green light is solid. I have no lights, not a single circuit will light up. LOR said to make sure the unit is set as unit 01. How do I do that. This controller, since it’s used, May have been in a string of controllers. TIA for help

OK so a used controller. First, make sure the show is not running. From the CP, launch the Hardware Utility (HU). Its at the top of the controller settings page in S6. It will give you two messages that its taking control of the comm port. Ok to both messages. Look at the Com port number on the left side and note what it is. In the top middle of the HU, you'll see a "Refresh" button, push it. It'll take several seconds then it should list all the controllers that it finds.

Now assuming your show is new, most likely, I'm guessing here, you've set that controller to ID01 in the software. You need to make sure the Hardware (controller) matches. When the search ended, if it didn't find ID01, what did it find? Again, assuming you found some other ID#. Look on the lower left of the HU and you'll find the change ID number area. Now before you do this, please insure that no other controllers out there are turned on, if you have any others, so power them off manually. If you still have a steady light on the suspect controller, let's use an example of say, ID06 shows up. Its in Hexidecimal format. Set the exisiting ID# and in the new ID, put in ID01, then tell it to go. It should happen near instantly. Go back and do a refresh again. You should see that controller now showing as ID01. If all of this worked, exit the HU and go back and test your lights.

• The topic was locked