Light-O-Rama Forums

What am I missing?

Sctiger

After being dark last year, it's taking me a while to shake the rust off. I just upgraded to S5 this year so I haven't ran a show with it yet. My issue is this, my pixie2 devices and 10w floods are seen and controlled on the HU but whenever I try to play a sequence in SE (with lights on and the yellow bulb) or a show on demand (with the SE closed), nothing happens.

I have two networks, both with the red adapters.  I saw people with similar issues and I followed your advice, i.e., cutting off windows defender and the like. I've rebooted the computer and re-registered my Pro License just for S & Gs

What am I missing?

6 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Step one.  What kind of controllers, and what network speed and Enhanced not not?

Jim, both networks are enhanced/500k. The first network has 3 A/C controllers on COMM port 3. The 2nd is for my pixels on COMM port 4.  Alll pixie2 controllers save for the 1 rgb flood controller (CMB24D).

13 hours ago, Sctiger said:

but whenever I try to play a sequence in SE (with lights on and the yellow bulb) or a show on demand (with the SE closed), nothing happens.

When you say "nothing happens", what exactly do you mean?  What does the LOR status screen show (left click on the LOR light bulb in the system tray to bring that up).

49 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

When you say "nothing happens", what exactly do you mean?  What does the LOR status screen show (left click on the LOR light bulb in the system tray to bring that up).

I mean no lights are actually operating. The SE will play through and I even hear the music but there is nothing when it comes to the operation of the controllers. They can be controlled with the HU so I know the connection is ok..

Status screen? Forgive me Jim, it apparently has been too long since I've looked at this lol. I don't see that in the menu. Looking at the CommListener log I see something like this from last night:

Client 127.0.0.1:20930 identified as sequencer.                 Socket 127.0.0.1:20930 (sequencer), error 10054 on recv.            Socket 127.0.0.1:20930 (sequencer), exiting

Edited by Sctiger

42 minutes ago, Sctiger said:

Status screen? Forgive me Jim, it apparently has been too long since I've looked at this lol. I don't see that in the menu.

Left click on the LOR light bulb to bring up the status display.  I realized that you are playing from the Sequence Editor, not playing a show, so the player status does not apply...

On the Control Lights pop-out, do you have Control Lights checked?

SE_Control-Lights.png

http://www.newburghlights.org/images/SE_Control-Lights.png

Do you have any other LOR programs running? If so end them this happened to me the other day, tried to run the SE nothing happened, forgot that I still had the HU  Running.

15 minutes ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

Do you have any other LOR programs running? If so end them this happened to me the other day, tried to run the SE nothing happened, forgot that I still had the HU  Running.

No. No other programs. I'm very tempted to swap over to my old show computer with S4 on it to see what happens. 

10 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

Control Panel Running & Control Lights Enabled...

Yes. Yellow light bulb in SE and I've attempted several shows on demand with no luck. 

18 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Do you happen to have any old shows in the Scheduler?

JR

No. I just made a quick show with 3 sequences that I had made with S5. I'm currently downloading my S4 sequences to my old show computer. The only reason I had swapped was for the 64 bit for MIIP. I'm at a loss. Definitely makes me feel like a rookie lol. We'll see what happens. 

UPDATE: Everything seems to work now that I've switched over to my old computer and using S4. I would have preferred using a more scientific approach and eliminating one variable at a time but that sounds more like a January activity than a weekend after Thanksgiving activity.  Still at a loss. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Sctiger said:

UPDATE: Everything seems to work now that I've switched over to my old computer and using S4. I would have preferred using a more scientific approach and eliminating one variable at a time but that sounds more like a January activity than a weekend after Thanksgiving activity.  Still at a loss. 🤷‍♂️

I think that is a wise decision. It is a huge learning curve between S4 and S5 however if I was in your shoes I would skip S5 in January and go straight to S6. If you have to relearn and want to keep up with technology go to S^.

JR

• The topic was locked