Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 Not Lighting All Lights from Sequencer

flex4343

Hello all,

New to LOR and been testing a couple light strips with the Pixie16. Issue I have is that two light strips are connected together (total of 100 lights) and connected into port 1 of the Pixie16. From the Hardware Utility I can turn on all 100 lights, but when in the Sequencer I created a Preview with Pixie16 and 100 pixels per port (as shown in attachment), it only lights up 53 of the lights and the 54th light only shows red (while others are white so it's only turning on what I consider the first led out of the three on light 54). 

Things I've tried:

Different light strips - same issue on each

Checked all connections

Upgraded firmware on Pixie16

Upgraded to Advanced LOR license

Upgraded to newest version of LOR software

Tried different ports on Pixie16

Tried different Unit ID's

Changed Unit ID on Pixie16 via dip switches

Tried Jumper #2 (as suggested in another forum)

Does anyone have any suggestions to try? It seems to be a configuration change I need to make in the Sequencer or when adding the Pixie16 in the Preview.

Thanks for any help!

Pixie16.png

License Level needs to be pro to use the pixie16 correctly from the sequencer or computer driven show. You need to run the network at 500K and Enhanced, For ELOR you need Pro license.

Also in Hardware Utility you need to ensure your pixels per port is set correctly.

Since I have been typing and on a computer for over 12 hours today please go to the General HArdware section of the forums and at the very top of the page you will see my video and writeup on how to do that and the correct settings. 

Or maybe one of my friends will link you to it.

Best of luck

JR

3 hours ago, TheDucks said:

I wold guess the Red bulb was bad and it fails to pass on the res on that string.

BUT

You said it worked in HU? 

Yes it does work in HU and the issue happens with multiple light strips. Looks like I made need to go up to Pro version to get Sequencer to work as I expected. I'll give that a try.

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

License Level needs to be pro to use the pixie16 correctly from the sequencer or computer driven show. You need to run the network at 500K and Enhanced, For ELOR you need Pro license.

Also in Hardware Utility you need to ensure your pixels per port is set correctly.

Since I have been typing and on a computer for over 12 hours today please go to the General HArdware section of the forums and at the very top of the page you will see my video and writeup on how to do that and the correct settings. 

Or maybe one of my friends will link you to it.

Best of luck

JR

Thank you for the information. Guess I dove in too deep with the Pixie16 before I really knew what I was getting into. I will try the upgrade path tomorrow and work through the video and write-up. Thanks for the reply!

Just wanted to reply to say thank you for the help! I was able to get three light strips (150 total pixels) connected to one port and successfully lighting from the Sequencer!

Here is the link to that guide that JR referenced: 

The write-up was very helpful and what assisted me most from it was:

The 500k Speed and Enhanced settings for the network (did have to upgrade to Pro for this)

Selecting PixieCon16 instead of Pixie16 to get 150 lights working (under Pixie16 you can only go up to 100)

Again thank you for the assistance and all you do for this community!

-Tim

11 minutes ago, flex4343 said:

Just wanted to reply to say thank you for the help! I was able to get three light strips (150 total pixels) connected to one port and successfully lighting from the Sequencer!

Here is the link to that guide that JR referenced: 

The write-up was very helpful and what assisted me most from it was:

The 500k Speed and Enhanced settings for the network (did have to upgrade to Pro for this)

Selecting PixieCon16 instead of Pixie16 to get 150 lights working (under Pixie16 you can only go up to 100)

Again thank you for the assistance and all you do for this community!

-Tim

Glad it helped you. 

One thing to mention and is that when I wrote those steps and made the video S5/ S6 did not exist. When S5 came along  it also brought along a most wanted upgrade to S4 allowing us to be able to go above the 100 pixels per port without having to select pixcon16 as the controller. The pixcon16 selection was just a workaround that I discovered while beta testing the pixie boards.

If its working for you now you have the option to change it to pixie16 however like we used to say "if its not broke dont fix it", you may wait until takedown and try it before removal for the season.

JR