Light-O-Rama Forums

Premade sequence questions

Stima

Running short on time this year, so I was looking at sequences available at store.lightorama.com. 

First, are these sequences actually just made by a third party and not "technically" a LOR software product?

Second, the videos of their "traditional layout" sequences (supposedly programmed for up to 64 channels, 2 strobe channels, and 4 flood lights) seem to show WAY more than 64 channels in use since each window/tree/etc. has 4+ colors used in the video. (purple, light blue, dark blue, red, green, yellow, etc...)  I'm just not understanding how I need to setup my channels/display to make these sequences look correct.  Do I need multiple colors on each piece (window, tree, bush, etc)?  Are the video's a bit deceiving and I only need 1 color be piece? Since these sequences aren't adjustable unless you spend $50 per sequence, I am trying to plan everything as best I can before sinking hundreds of dollars into sequences.

Just trying to understand what I'm getting.  Has anyone used these sequences and can share a little more info on your experience and how they turned out.  Watching some of the videos is VERY underwhelming while some seem pretty good.  I'm thinking the older songs were done MANY years ago and work done with minimal effort.

Thanks!

Dan

Yes, I understand that is what they say the traditional layout supports.  However, the videos don't seem to match the recommended layout shown in the "Layouts" tab.  I need to put lights out in a way that matches the intended sequence so it stands a chance of looking decent.  I don't want to spend days putting out lights and hundreds of dollars in purchased sequences to have it look chaotic and mismatched.

Additionally, the "layouts" tab doesn't make any mention of what channels are used for the "dumb rgb" as you call them.  I see box 6 is for strobes...but what box is used for RGB?

Jimehc,

Thanks for linking that page.  After reading and re-reading things...I believe I was looking at an older layout that didn't quite make sense.  However, that page had (what I believe to be) an updated layout that shows all the controllers and explains the RGB channels as well.  What I saw changing a bunch of colors (windows in the videos), was actually one of the 2 "RGB" units.  Thus the windows were more than one color.  

Again, thanks for the help.  I understand now their layout and what I can do.

Thx,
Dan