Light-O-Rama Forums

Find Configue/PixCon16

EWard

Hi,

I have a new 16x50 tree with topper. I have it set on Com 3 and the hardware utility will find the controller and I can turn the lights on in any colour through the hardware utility using the test.  In network preferences the LOR network shows up and I have changed to 500k speed and turned on the Enhanced LOR, so I can run a sequence with Motion Effects. When I click the "Find/Configure PixCon 16" button to link the controller the program won't find the controller. Adapter shows as 10.0.0.71 when I refresh the Adapter the same one shows up which I believe is the correct one....the program won't find the device when I search. Any suggestions on how to solve?

Do you have a Pixie16 or a PixCon16? They are different types of boards. The Pixie16 uses LOR serial communication and would require a high speed USB adapter at 500K speed using Enhanced. The PixCon16 uses E1.31 communication that goes over an IP network. That IP address is likely not 10.0.0.71, that is more likely your internet service provider.

If you have a PixCon16, watch this video. 

Thanks. It is a Pixie16. I thought it might be my adapter so I ordered the HS but was sent 2 of the USB485 which appear to still be the old low speed adapters.

1 hour ago, EWard said:

Thanks. It is a Pixie16. I thought it might be my adapter so I ordered the HS but was sent 2 of the USB485 which appear to still be the old low speed adapters.

They changed the color.

1 hour ago, EWard said:

I know but they don't have the high speed sticker on them and won't run the Pixie16

A low speed adapter can still be used in some cases esp for simple sequences and/ or configuring the pixie series controller. However for mor sophisticated sequences/ shows there will be problems like lag or nothing working.

JR

• Like 1

Got the high speed adapter.

All lights light up in the hardware utility but when I play my show only the bottom 10 pixels of one string will light. I feel like the channels aren't configured correctly. Any tips?

What happens if you try and control that port (string) with HU?  Resolution should be 50. If you set it lower, it divides the string by that number (that is the controllable units.

A 50 sting set to 10. make the string behave as 5 nodes