Light-O-Rama Forums

Happy Thanksgiving to all and good luck to those who will be kicking off their shows this weekend

ebrown1972

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and that you thank God for all your blessings. Good luck with your shows and hopefully everyone has minimal repairs this year.

I personally cannot wait to see the joy we help bring to some people this Christmas season.

Eric

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving also to all, we started up our street tonight for a test run and I have a list to fix tomorrow before turkey, but really it was less than I thought so I believe we will be live on time after turkey and will enjoy the beginning of the season. Good luck and hope you all have a great day.

Keith

Yes Happy Thanksgiving Day and light shows to all of my friends above and to those that have not posted yet or in a while.

1 more dark year for me. Back in 2023

JR

• Like 1

I've been repairing as I go but sure enough, one string that worked previously has decided to fail but it was raining outside when I found it. Of course, it had to be up on the roof too 😬

I've not yet gotten to see the show run other than the preview screen so hope it works! Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and yes i go operational tonight had minimal repairs to do the rain finally stopped !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was "supposed" to start up Thanksgiving night, however, Florida weather in my area has been the worst I've ever seen in all my years of living in Florida {Born and raised}, it has rained ALL WEEK long and no sign it's going to dry out until sometime next week.  Groan.   I have a LOT of work to still get done, but the rain all this week has put a real dampener {no pun intended} on any outside work this week.  So no real show yet, running what little I have gotten done, but without the rest of the elements, it makes no sense. LOL

But at least I have some pretty RGB colors flowing along, but due to the missing elements, I have some "dark" areas until everything is set-up and in place.

If I could get at least 2 or 3 days of DRY weather with no rain, I could be up and running with everything.

Happy Thanksgiving, hope your displays are working out better than mine currently.   And I have 14 cats, all waiting for their fair share of the Thanksgiving Turkey too! ROFL

1 hour ago, Orville said:

however, Florida weather in my area has been the worst I've ever seen in all my years of living in Florida

Yea, I know.  The weather has been playing hell with the launch schedules over at KSC and CCSFS (something i watch pretty closely)...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I should be able to fire up our show Sunday evening. Could probably start Saturday but want to do a trail run with my wife to double check everything. 

Happy lighting friends! 😀

Al

I'm running my opening night show right now - just to make sure everything works.  Found one error that took about 2 minutes to fix.  Overnight I run Zara Radio on my FM, but I also run MIIIP such that people can request any song in the show - and yes, I do get people stopping by at all hours of the night and request a song or two.  I have one channel that is mute line to stop the Zara Radio audio from getting to the FM transmitter while a musical sequence is running.  I missed turning on that one channel in one sequence, so since I also run Zara Radio during the daytime non-show hours, I was hearing both Feliz Navidad and whatever was playing at the time on Zara.  Fixed.

My opening night pretty much can't change.  I have a GeoCaching "Event" for my opening night, and it was published several months ago, so I will have around 40 - 50 GeoCachers plus some friends and neighbors showing up to watch the opening and help eat the hundreds of Chocolate Chip cookies I will bake tomorrow...

Have a few LEDs out here and there, but pretty much ready to go. One half of a singing tree outline decides when it wants to work, might just pull the string and install a new one and save the dud for repairs later. But plan to go live tomorrow, Friday night.