Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller took a fall

tvweather62

Hey there.

I'm supposed to debut the neighborhood lights on Saturday and my controller took a fall today. I'm pretty much a plug and play guy. I use the showtime player and an SD card

to run our sequence...no computer. After the fall, I am getting a blinking green light instead of the solid green light on the controller. Usually, that happens when a card isn't inserted (Or cat 5 isn't connected)...but

the card is there. I tried another one. Still blinking. For a BRIEF moment, it went solid and connected, but then started blinking again.

I'm lost as to what to do.  Panicked over here.

Nothing open to get a new showplayer controller. Any suggestions on how to fix or even play on my computer with the sd card?  Would that no longer go on the radio?

I'd appreciate any help!

Oh no! So sorry.

I'm not familiar with directors, or the SD card usage outside of what you mentioned (not in a spot to Google) but you did mention cat five. If things are connected with a Cat5 (Ethernet) cable and your controller took a fall while connected, it's somewhat likely that the plug is no longer firmly connected to the main board. On a regular controller, I would be able to plug it into the other port. If your devices are connected with an ethernet cable and you have a second port to try, I would try that first before continuing to focus on the SD card. Unfortunately, that's all I got and I'm hoping somebody else has a lot more help for you. (Doesn't help you now, but I bought a spare controller for each one of my shows off of eBay and it just sits in the closet ready to go).

Wishing you all the luck for a speedy repair.

One more thing. You said neighborhood show, so I'm guessing this is something at a park or public location where you can't leave a computer, but on the off chance it isn't, remember you can grab any old random computer and run your show just about to get by 

I have everything on an SD card. They actually aren't on the lightorama software as a loredit sequence. So can I actually plug the SD card into a computer and play it that way? Otherwise I don't see how I could do it. I'm pretty sure what's broken is something in the show player Because the controllers seem to be fine. I don't think it's an ethernet issue, it's possible one of those wires may have been severed in the showtime director 

15 minutes ago, tvweather62 said:

How do you do that? Will it still broadcast on the radio?

Plug the audio cable from the transmitter into the headphone jack of the computer.

8 minutes ago, tvweather62 said:

I have everything on an SD card. They actually aren't on the lightorama software as a loredit sequence. 

I've never used an SD card or a  director. If you are saying that the files on the SD card are not .loredit or other LOR Showtime software file format then you might be hosed. I was always under the impression, that you used the Showtime software to create your sequences and then put the SD card in the computer and the software created what you needed on the SD card. If that's the case, then you should have the original sequence file sitting on a computer somewhere unless you ordered the card from LOR. In that case, 8 would put in a ticket with their help desk and see how they can help you. This is a great reminder to everyone else, to backup, backup, backup.

27 minutes ago, tvweather62 said:

I have everything on an SD card. They actually aren't on the lightorama software as a loredit sequence. So can I actually plug the SD card into a computer and play it that way? Otherwise I don't see how I could do it. I'm pretty sure what's broken is something in the show player Because the controllers seem to be fine. I don't think it's an ethernet issue, it's possible one of those wires may have been severed in the showtime director 

Some more info will help to know what you have on your computer.  It is sounding like you have never run your show on a computer before?   So you probably don't have LOR installed and running on your computer?   If you don't, you've got a couple of LONG days and nights to get this set up.

Edited by Richard Hamilton

1 hour ago, tvweather62 said:

Not that I know. Besides, you need LOR USB adapters (as many as ports that were used).

OTOH it would be cool if there was a 'Director Emulator' that could run a directors SD card show (assumes the needed ports had been configured)