Light-O-Rama Forums

boscoyo figures and the canals

Pioerpaolo

Hi mad heads ;-), I need, if possible, and my online translation is able to explain, to know how to use the boscoyo figures and the channels, both LOR and DMX/e1.31. For example, I have the 6 channel star on pixie16 LOR, but in the string of lights preferences I can only set one channel and it shows me one, same thing for the 3 strings, also in LOR, while then I would have several figures that go in DMX, but as mentioned you can only put one channel. Can you explain to me how it works??? thank you.

The carry over pixels default to the next port(s) in the pixie 16. if port one is unit ID 01, then the carry over pixels will be on Unit ID 02 up to the first 170 carry over pixels if there are more then 170 pixels to be carried over the 170 will go to unit  02 and then another 170 to unit 03 and keep going until all carry over pixels are assigned to a port. unfortunately the software only shows the first port assigned. 

6 hours ago, Box on Rails said:

I pixel di riporto sono impostati per impostazione predefinita sulla porta successiva nel pixie 16. se la porta uno è l'ID unità 01, i pixel di riporto saranno sull'ID unità 02 fino ai primi 170 pixel di riporto se ce ne sono più di 170 i pixel da trasferire sui 170 andranno all'unità 02 e poi altri 170 all'unità 03 e continueranno fino a quando tutti i pixel di trasferimento non saranno assegnati a una porta. purtroppo il software mostra solo la prima porta assegnata. 

so it does it automatically???.....in the meantime, thanks

8 hours ago, Pioerpaolo said:

so it does it automatically???.....in the meantime, thanks

yup. Based on how many circuits per string are selected. I have been asking the LOR Gods to change this and allow the software to show all assigned port IDs but no change in S5 yet. It may have been addressed in S6 but I am not switching to S6 until January 2023. 

Happy Holidays

Kenny

• 2 weeks later...
Il 24/11/2022 alle 12:04, Box on Rails ha dichiarato:

Sì. In base a quanti circuiti per stringa vengono selezionati. Ho chiesto a LOR Gods di cambiarlo e consentire al software di mostrare a tutti gli ID di porta assegnati, ma ancora nessun cambiamento in S5 . Potrebbe essere stato risolto in S6 ma non passerò a S6 fino a gennaio 2023. 

Buone vacanze

Kenny

Sinceramente mi sembra che non funzioni bene, ho due spinner 231 led, quindi 2 canali e la stella con 6 canali, entrambi impostati correttamente, solo il primo canale funziona sulla stella, su 4 spinner, che sono su due tavole e quindi universi totalmente diversi, non funzionano su tutti e 4 gli ultimi 60 led. se faccio il test sulla centrale S6 mi dice che trova 231 led come dovrebbe essere. mah!!!

I think the problem is on the end channel, if I'm not mistaken, it automatically puts 181, but it should be 231, also because start and end universe are ok, it takes two, as it should.

Edited by Pioerpaolo

23 hours ago, Pioerpaolo said:

I think the problem is on the end channel, if I'm not mistaken, it automatically puts 181, but it should be 231, also because start and end universe are ok, it takes two, as it should.

What do you mean by "end Channel"? Can you post a picture of the prop definitions so I can see what you have?

For Clarity, the Pixie16 has 16 Ports (Universe).

Each port can control only 170 LED RGB pixels.

Each Pixel has 3 LED circuits,

So a pixie16 can run a maximum of only 170 pixels per port (universe) that is a maximum circuit of 510. If you are trying to run 181 pixels on a single Port only 170 will light up for each port. 

Kenny

7 ore fa, Box on Rails ha detto:

Cosa intendi per "chiudere il canale"? Puoi postare una foto delle definizioni degli oggetti di scena così posso vedere cosa hai?

Per chiarezza, Pixie16 ha 16 porte (Universo).

Ogni porta può controllare solo 170 pixel LED RGB.

Ogni Pixel ha 3 circuiti LED,

Quindi un pixie16 può eseguire un massimo di soli 170 pixel per porta (universo), ovvero un circuito massimo di 510. Se stai tentando di eseguire 181 pixel su una singola porta, solo 170 si illumineranno per ciascuna porta. 

Kenny

Ok, conosco bene le tue definizioni e penso che quelle vadano bene, durano, che stavo ancora usando S4 , disegnandole a mano, tutto funzionava perfettamente. Ora metto un link sul disco, perché non posso mettere la foto, troppo grande per il forum.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hK4JplbkW1sm31y7bBOg0HLhgyTLbmJS/view?usp=share_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pLvJtMmRSQgft3HLsnFfOTqzAo9J3cW2/view?usp=share_link

Edited by Pioerpaolo

2 ore fa, Jimehc ha detto:

Thanks, did you set it yourself or did you find them around??? If you have done it yourself, could you tell me how to do it, which I think I also have 3-way strings which will give the same problem. thanks again

Edited by Pioerpaolo

After looking at both sets of prop definitions. I learned something about the terms circuits vs channels. I see that DMX uses the term Channel in the prop definition window for each LED where as in LOR Mode the term is called Circuit. This is where I got confused account I do not use DMX in my display. The prop definitions shared by Jimehc helped me understand the set up for both. also I am now using S6 and the prop definition file now shows the carryover channels/circuit to the next numerical port/universe, Thank you LOR. Thanks Pioerpaolo. I have a Holidaycoro Alphapix 16 that I don't use because it is DMX and I was a little scared to use DMX but this thread has helped me understand DMX a little bit better so in 2023 I will incorporate DMX into my show. Be Well all.

Kenny

7 hours ago, Box on Rails said:

Dopo aver esaminato entrambi i set di definizioni di oggetti di scena. Ho imparato qualcosa sui termini circuiti vs canali. Vedo che DMX utilizza il termine Canale nella finestra di definizione dell'elica per ogni LED dove, come in modalità LOR, il termine si chiama Circuito. È qui che ho confuso l'account che non uso DMX nel mio display. Le definizioni dell'elica condivise da Jimehc mi hanno aiutato a capire il set up per entrambi. inoltre ora sto usando S6 e il file di definizione dell'elica ora mostra i canali/circuiti di riporto alla successiva porta/universo numerico, grazie LOR. Grazie Pioerpaolo. Ho un Holidaycoro Alphapix 16 che non uso perché è DMX e avevo un po' paura di usare il DMX, ma questo thread mi ha aiutato a capire un po' meglio il DMX, quindi nel 2023 incorporerò il DMX nel mio spettacolo. State bene tutti.

Kenny

we say ....... not all evils come to silver

only thing, which is not clear to me, that using S6, as you say, LOR shows the channels or the carryover ids. My problem arose by adding the prop directly from boscoyo, and the settings were different from those shared by Jimehc....I'll have to fix it for the 3-way bows too, because they seem to have the same problem. but if you take it from boscoyo it's wrong, at least it seems to me that I understood it like this, or it's me who's doing something wrong, but I didn't get it, stubborn hahaha, thanks again to all

• Like 1