Light-O-Rama Forums

Prop

jalmes1

I am using LOR 5.6.1 pro S5 and I bought some new items the 180 degree pixel tree with a new E131 controller. Not sure how to get the program to recognize the box now. Can anyone assist me on this? I look on the display and I can click the pixel display and I have it set for 100 pixels and I set my controller to Univ 60 so not sure what else I am doing wrong. 

Need more information please. 180 deg pixel tree...how many strands of pixels and what type are they? Which controller did you buy? There are video tutorials online at LOR that you should be looking at, hint, hint. Each port on an intelligent pixel card, usually we set a different Universe number for each. Then you need to configure the card for the type of pixels and how many on each port. Remember that most pixels are 3 channels each. Example, lets say you have WS2811 pixel strips/nodes/bullets. If there's 50 pixels on that string, then it uses 150 channels. So lets say your first output port 1 is set to Universe 60. Universe 60, WS2811, channels 1-150. Then port 2 is set to Universe 61, channels 1-150 and so on. That's the easy way, but if you wish, you can add strings/strips together and say, go the port 1, Universe 60, channels 1-450, therefore linking three strings together. But, you'll need to consider power injection between strings 2 and 3.

Edit, FYI, most pixel cards will do 510-512 channels total. There is one available however that'll do like 1024 channels.

Edited by dgrant

Hello Mark it is the 16 strand of pixes 2811. I have the E1.31 controller. I have attached what I have. They told me to set the control to these settings but that does not seem right. I purchased the songs and layout from LOR. 

LOR layout.JPG

LOR A Mad Russian.JPG

Hi, I'm David. It looks like you are compacting to save universes. Truly no need to do so but at this moment, it appears that you are using 8 universes to control 16 strings, therefore you should see a fold of 1 for each string instead of the 0. But, that implies the direction of the strips/strings/nodes...first out of the port goes up. The second connects at the top of string 1 and goes back down. Port 2 goes up, connects to the next section as goes back down and so on. Also, this assumes that whatever un-named controller you have, will actually support 512 channels per port? Again, which controller did you buy?

Easier, I think, would be to set: # of RGB Nodes = 50, Folds = 0     ( IF your strips are 50 pixels each as most ws2811's are )

Universe 60, start channel 1, end channel 150

Universe 61, start channel 1, end channel 150

Universe 62, start channel 1, end channel 150

Universe 75, start channel 1, end channel 150

There's 999 universes available, I think. So no real need to conserve them. You need to configure the controller to the same. Again, which controller did you buy.

David

Edit: If everything is from LOR, then you have either a Pixie16 or Pixcon16. Its possible that you have a Pixie8 then the settings you have might work. I don't own any pixie controllers but do have two Pixcon16's. So if you have a Pixie8 or 16, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think they are E1.31 compatible and if not, you could have cooked it already if you plugged the comm port to a TCPIP. If I'm not wrong, and I might be, Pixies only work with LOR's RS485 bus.

Edited by dgrant

Hello David and sorry for calling you Mark. 

So I have the E1.31 16 Output RGB Controller that sorry I bought from Wowlights. There are 100 nodes to a strand. There are two sets of 50 plugged together to make 100. So if I can the universe will it affect the songs? I do not create my own songs or programs right now. I buy to already made programs from Wowlights so I am using songs and programs. Hope this helps. Jason 

The sequence universe numbers and channels must match the sequences so yes, it would impact. Do me/us a favor and please post a picture of your controller. Wowlights doesn't say a thing about their controllers. The closest thing they have that "might" be what you bought was there RGB 16 port megatree package. They sure don't say which controller it is. For now, you'll need to get to the preview which is where the channel assignments are for all of your props. So, now you need to talk to the E1.31 controller. I'm assuming here that you can't talk to it yet. The documentation should tell you what it's default IP address is. Since I don't know what controller it is, you have to do this. First, compare your own IP address to the controller's default IP address. Let's say your computer is set to IP 192.168.1.10. The default IP address might be something like 10.10.10.10. In order for the computer to talk to it, you'll need to establish a software path. Does your computer have two ethernet ports on it or just one? If just one, you'll need to change it to something similar to the controller's IP. So for example, you chance the PC's IP to 10.10.10.11. Then all you do is open the browser and type in 10.10.10.10. You should see the controller's built in display page. If by chance you have a LOR Pixcon16, you'll need different instructions. If you get to the controller's display page, in there you can alter it's IP address back to something similar to what you had. For example you could tell it to assign 192.168.1.50. Then, very important, you'll have to reassign your PC back to its original IP address. Once you are able to properly communicate with it, in there, you assign the Universes, channel numbers, ws2811 type nodes and so on.

Are there any other LOR users in the Charlotte, NC area that can assist Jason?

Edit: open a command prompt window, enter "ipconfig /all" without the quotes. This will tell you what your IP address is

Edited by dgrant