Light-O-Rama Forums

5.6.10 Sequence compression issue

k6ccc

Finally finished getting everything setup yesterday - hardware and software.  One of the things I do is create a show that has absolutely every sequence.  This is used exclusively as a source for the Sequence Compressor - "Compress a single show".

This part I suspect is important.  I have three computers at the house with LOR software.  On all three computers, there is a mapped network drive of L:\ that is really a directory on my file server.  All three computers have the LOR directory structure pointed to the mapped drive of L:\  Therefore any change from one computer is changing what all three computers see.  This has worked perfectly in the past.  Reminder that despite what my profile says, I am running 5.6.10 because I use MIIP which so far does not work with S6.

Here's today's oddity.  Last night I ran the Sequence Compressor on my sequencing computer.  It churned on it for about an hour and said that all sequences properly compressed.  This morning I ran a short test show on the show computer.  A total of five sequences were played.  In each case the Show Player has to create the playback file.  Below is a log extract that shows the first couple.

After I got to work, I remoted into the show computer and ran the Sequence Compressor again - using the same everything show as the source.  This time, it reported that the five sequences that the Show Player had played were already compressed, but the other several dozen sequences needed to be compressed.

So my question is why compressing the sequences on one computer was not seen by the other computer when both were using the same disk storage?

05:20:54: Starting show: L:\Sequences\Christmas 2022\MiipShow.lss
05:20:54: Checking S5 sequence: L:\Sequences\Christmas 2022\Overnight\Christmas overnight MIIP 2022-11-21a.loredit
05:21:18: Created playback file because it did not exist
05:21:18: Loading sequence: L:\LORInternal\Playback\L\Christmas 2022\Overnight\Christmas overnight MIIP 2022-11-21a.0006.209.play.lms
05:21:19: Exporting compressed sequence for L:\LORInternal\Playback\L\Christmas 2022\Overnight\Christmas overnight MIIP 2022-11-21a.0006.209.play.lms
05:21:19: Starting Musical: L:\LORInternal\Playback\L\Christmas 2022\Overnight\Christmas overnight MIIP 2022-11-21a.0006.209.play.lms
05:21:49: Ending Musical: L:\LORInternal\Playback\L\Christmas 2022\Overnight\Christmas overnight MIIP 2022-11-21a.0006.209.play.lms
05:21:49: Checking S5 sequence: L:\Sequences\Christmas 2022\Overnight\Christmas overnight 101dot5 2022-11-21a.loredit
05:22:08: Created playback file because it did not exist
05:22:08: Loading sequence: L:\LORInternal\Playback\L\Christmas 2022\Overnight\Christmas overnight 101dot5 2022-11-21a.0006.209.play.lms
05:22:08: Exporting compressed sequence for L:\LORInternal\Playback\L\Christmas 2022\Overnight\Christmas overnight 101dot5 2022-11-21a.0006.209.play.lms
05:22:08: Starting Musical: L:\LORInternal\Playback\L\Christmas 2022\Overnight\Christmas overnight 101dot5 2022-11-21a.0006.209.play.lms

The Show computer:

Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (64-bit), Version 5.6.10
Pro Edition
Copyright 2016-2022 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Registered to: Jim Walls

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Intel® HD Graphics

The sequencing computer:

Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (64-bit), Version 5.6.10
Pro Edition
Copyright 2016-2022 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Registered to: Jim Walls

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Intel® UHD Graphics 630

Edited by k6ccc

Taking a wild guess, there's probably a record of those file creations in the system registry or the local, local low and etc, user files.

That's kinda what I was wondering, but it has not been that way in the past.  I do know that a few things are computer specific (Network Preferences for one), but most stuff is using using the specified LOR directory structure.  I did notice that schedule changes in S6 were computer specific now too.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like there are some settings saved under the windows profile. I f you are not using roaming profiles, the settings will not transfer from PC to PC since it is a profile "write" and not a "file" write that is going to shared storage. Sounds very "windows'y" to me. I am not looking at my home computer right now but there are profile based hidden folders and it would not surprise me to see LOR settings going there as well.

You may very well be right, but it is a change.  Previously this procedure has worked perfectly.  As far as the Windows profile part, I don't log onto the domain with the same domain user account as the show computer does, so even if I was using roaming profiles, it would still be a different profile.  

I'm not sure when this changed, but last year, it I compressed sequences one one computer, the other computer recognized that the sequences were already compressed.