Light-O-Rama Forums

mp3 gain

Wayne K

Does anyone know if mp3 gain when you make all of your sequences the same audio level, does that save it to that those tracks or is it stored in a file somewhere? I built a new machine for my LOR computer and transferred all of my sequences and music and zara radio files over to the new machine. But the audio sounds like different levels now. I didn't know if rerunning mp3 gain again would hurt anything or not. Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Wayne

Your audio files shouldn't change just because you "copied" them from one system to another.  MP3 Gain enhances the physical audio file, its changes are embedded in the audio file and should remain the same on any system you would transfer them too.    I have never had to go back and run MP3 gain on any audio files I've ever transferred to a different computer.

Only thing I can think of that might cause something like this are the audio drivers on the new system or possibly the settings in the audio output section, but the latter is somewhat doubtful.  You may need to update the Audio Driver file{s} on the system you transferred the audio files too.

Other than this, MP3 Gain once it has made changes to an audio file, they stay that way until you run it on them again to change them.  But they should never revert back unless you used MP3 Gain to revert them back to their original settings.

Agree with Orville on all points.   My question is how are you determining that the mp3 sounds louder?  Through computer speakers or through FM transmitter?

it is a noticeable difference in the level between my Zara files and the Demented Elf files and my show music. I run Zara radio before and after my shows and those are a lot louder. On my old machine I had them pretty close.

Edited by Wayne K

This is correct.  Zara plays the same file louder - don't know why.  If you open the Windows sound mixer, you can set Zara lower so that it matches LOR.  That setting will survive a reboot.

The problem is that the Demented Elf time and temps are so loud. They overpower the music level I have in zara also. I think I have figured it out. When I installed zara. It must have gotten my master set of voice overs. I am trying right now to point it at my edited voice overs. But not having much luck finding where the path is to change the folders.

Wayne

Thanks Guys for the info I forgot I had to transfer the modified audio files into the ZaraSoft folder. All is well now.

Wayne

14 hours ago, k6ccc said:

This is correct.  Zara plays the same file louder - don't know why.  If you open the Windows sound mixer, you can set Zara lower so that it matches LOR.  That setting will survive a reboot.

Glad you said that Jim.  Some folks may not know that the sound setting level in Zara does not survive a reboot and always goes back to the highest level.