Light-O-Rama Forums

Am I setting my Pixie16 up correctly for 150 channels on a single port to control 3 Snowflakes independently?

Orville

Okay, I hope I am explaining this correctly, in essence I want to control 3 H.C. Snowflakes {24"} using 3 sets of 50 count 12V RGB Smart Square nodes.  Each snowflake only uses 48 nodes.

I want to be able to have these snowflakes on a single port on the Pixie 16 and be able to control their colors independently, that is Snowflake 01 would be Green, Snowflake 02 would be Teal and Snowflake 03 would be yellow.   See below for a detailed explanation of how I've set this up in the SE.

I am setting up my Pixie16D Port 11 (1F Aux A) for 3 RGB Holiday Coro Snowflakes, and I'm wanting to be sure I have set this up correctly for them.  I want Port 11 to control All 3 Snowflakes, but want them to remain independent of each other.

This is how I have set up the RGB channels labeled Pixie16 15A1F on Port 11:
Snowflake 01, a strand of 50, 12 RGB Square nodes are channels 1-50, Circuits 1-150, Snowflake 02 RGB nodes will be end connected to Snowflake 01's RGB nodes {100 Nodes}, these are on channels 51-100, circuits 151-300, then finally Snowflake 03 will have it's RGB nodes connected to the end of Snowflake 2's square nodes for a total of 150 square nodes.  Snowflake 03 is on channels 101-150, circuits 301-440.

I'm hoping I have this correct and that the Pixie 16 should be able to operate 150 nodes on a single port.  I think it can do 170 nodes per port.

Currently, the Pixie 16 is controlling 6 H.C. 10W Smart RGB floods on Port 1, A Boscoyo Chroma Cross, 100 square nodes on Port 2, Ralphie on Port 3 and 4, Zuzu on Port 5 and 6.  I have Felix {no physical tree attached} set on Ports 7 and 8, and Elden {no physical tree attached} on Ports 9 and 10.  {Felix and Elden are set for a future expansion}.  And the 3 H.C. Snowflakes are on Port 11 at 150 Channels, circuits 1-440. 

All additional Ports {12-16} are currently unused.

Just making sure I have this set up properly so when my Snowflakes arrive and I get the RGB nodes in them, they'll be ready to add to the sequence and will work as intended, each strand being on its own set of channels, making each snowflake independent of the others.  All 3 strands of square nodes are connected, Snowflake 01 to Snowflake 02 to Snowflake 03 for a total of 150 RGB square nodes.

Just wanting to make sure I have everything set up correctly, and since this is a bit new to me, want to make sure I haven't made any mistakes in doing the prepping for the 3 Snowflakes arrival.

So if this isn't possible, or won't work in the way I think, advice and help needed to be sure I get these snowflakes set up properly in my sequences.
I am using S4.4.16 PRO license and an N4-G4 Director runs the show.

Thanks for any additional info I may need that I might have missed or misunderstood on setting this up correctly.

Edited by Orville
Change > to .

It sounds like you got it right but why don’t you design it in teh Visualizer or the Animator, to ensure you have it correct?

Remember you are limited to 50 pixels per port in the Vis but it can be done with some creativity.

I would prefer the Animator if I was you.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

It sounds like you got it right but why don’t you design it in teh Visualizer or the Animator, to ensure you have it correct?

Remember you are limited to 50 pixels per port in the Vis but it can be done with some creativity.

I would prefer the Animator if I was you.

JR

I haven't done anything with the animator yet.  That was to be my next step, once I knew I had this set up correctly.

Thanks, JR.  I will, and was planning to use the animator for the snowflakes, I save the visualizer mainly for the LOR Singing Trees.

Now that I know that I've gotten the hard part done, and it's correct.  I can now start working on getting the snowflakes drawn up in the animator.

Just wanted to be sure I did get the hard part done properly before wasting time on drawing some makeshift snowflakes in the animator. ;)

Edited by Orville
change dded to "done" in first sentence.