Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Tree Worked (Star Topper laughed at me)

Durty

So, just finally got to putting up my star topper for the 16x25 tree.  Tree was working before but now it's not showing up in the HU under the 40 ID.  I went into "Test Lights">"Test Pixels" but nothing is turning on now.

Went back into HU, searched for units but only my two AC controllers come up (IDs 01, 02).

As I was typing this, I went ahead and changed the pixel count from 100 to 50 and the tree seems to be working.  I thought I would have to change it to 100 for the star though.  The, I try to change to 100 pixels again, no lights.  I change it back to 50 and then only a couple lights from the strand come on.  What am I doing wrong?

What setting are you changing from 100 to 50 or vice versa?

JR

If you are changing the Logical Resolution- DO NOT touch that. Keep that at 50

JR

couple of things (might not be your problem)

56K is way too slow for a Pixie 8. Make it 500K (and on a Red adapter).

If you have AC controllers: They must be Gen 3 to run at 500K or be on their own, slower (115K) network.

UCS 1903 pixel type???   (this applies to the  whole Pixie. You can't mix types on the same Pixie)

9 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

couple of things (might not be your problem)

56K is way too slow for a Pixie 8. Make it 500K (and on a Red adapter).

If you have AC controllers: They must be Gen 3 to run at 500K or be on their own, slower (115K) network.

UCS 1903 pixel type???   (this applies to the  whole Pixie. You can't mix types on the same Pixie)

Just one network for me, red adapter, all Gen 3 AC controllers.  Is there somewhere to make sure it's all running at 500k?

I have no idea what the UCS 1903 pixel type is, it just defaulted to that.