Music Sequencer

Guest guest

John Pidliskey wrote:

When using the Music Sequencer, Which do you prefer:

1. Tapping out the beat

2. Using 1/10 sec

3. Other

Seems using 1/10 sec would be best...

I have used 0.2 for Trans Siberian Orchestra songs (Christmas Eve Sarajevo and Wizards in Winter).

On others, I will tap the songs as many times as I need. Example: I have a song that has a good bluesy beat and I have it tapped. There is a lead singer with backup vocals that I also have tapped.

I am not sure how to import one into the other without erasing one, so, I copy the times and manually insert timing for when I want it. It may sound time consuming, but it is (for me) more efficient than listening to the same 4-5 seconds of song over and over again to determiine precise placement.

Although I am very new at this, starting the middle of April, it is easiest for me to use two computers. I load the song into the LOR Sequencer and also load it on another computer into Audacity. Using the waveform produced by Audacity, I can see more easily where I want to put the events. I look at the time marks there and then input the event into the Sequencer on the other computer. I imagine you could do this with one computer if you had two monitors hooked up to it, but I just use my laptop and the desktop.

Denny

Robin wrote:

Actually I use 0.05 plus tapping.

That's what I use, too. Up to this point, I've only experimented with it, but this year I will definitely be using at least a couple of synchronized songs, so the experimentation has (slowly but surely) paid off.

I use #2 also. I set default to 1/10th and then if there is a section of the song that requires faster timing, I just insert events until I have it the way I want it. If that section is repeated later in the song, I just copy the timing, then copy the programming. Works pretty good for me. I tried the tapping a few times, but not enough to get proficient at it.

I also use 1/10 timing as a default, since not many people will notice changes less than that. The tapper is sometimes useful, but more for larger portions in songs, since listening to the whole song and remembering when to start tapping is sometimes frustrating.