Jump to content

Superstar sequence into S4 sequence.


Ian Drewett
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ian Drewett

 I have S4.16 advanced software and recently have purchased license for 40 CCR with Superstar. I have added a 16 Channel mega tree with 16 CCB strings.  How do I export a superstar sequence into my current S4 sequences without having to create a new sequence in S4 and then inserting cells and then copy and pasting. 

Thanks Ian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BrianBruderer

In S4 there are three ways to get a superstar sequence into your main sequence:

1) Do as you described, create CCB strings in your main sequence and copy/paste from the exported sequence into those strings

2) In your main sequence, create a "subsequence" channel and make the exported sequence be a subsequence

3) While in superstar, export the sequence as "intensity data." When doing so you can export the "intensity data" into an existing main sequence. Note that when using intensity data you must play the intensity data on an enhanced network.

There is a video tutorial describing method #2. Go to the lightorama main page, click on "support & training", then click on "video tutorials." Scroll down to the superstar section. Towards the bottom of the superstar section is a tutorial titled "Exporting Sequences in S4"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Ian Drewett said:

 I have S4.16 advanced software and recently have purchased license for 40 CCR with Superstar. I have added a 16 Channel mega tree with 16 CCB strings.  How do I export a superstar sequence into my current S4 sequences without having to create a new sequence in S4 and then inserting cells and then copy and pasting. 

Thanks Ian

You will need a Pro Level license to get that RGB Mega Tree to work. 

What controller are you using for it?

 

JR

Edited by dibblejr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ian Drewett
On 11/16/2022 at 1:27 PM, dibblejr said:

You will need a Pro Level license to get that RGB Mega Tree to work. 

What controller are you using for it?

 

JR

HI thanks im using a Pixie 196D V4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ian Drewett
On 11/16/2022 at 1:27 PM, dibblejr said:

You will need a Pro Level license to get that RGB Mega Tree to work. 

What controller are you using for it?

 

JR

 

On 11/16/2022 at 12:57 PM, BrianBruderer said:

In S4 there are three ways to get a superstar sequence into your main sequence:

1) Do as you described, create CCB strings in your main sequence and copy/paste from the exported sequence into those strings

2) In your main sequence, create a "subsequence" channel and make the exported sequence be a subsequence

3) While in superstar, export the sequence as "intensity data." When doing so you can export the "intensity data" into an existing main sequence. Note that when using intensity data you must play the intensity data on an enhanced network.

There is a video tutorial describing method #2. Go to the lightorama main page, click on "support & training", then click on "video tutorials." Scroll down to the superstar section. Towards the bottom of the superstar section is a tutorial titled "Exporting Sequences in S4"

Hi thanks for the info, Im having trouble creating the subsequence, can you help? Thanks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BrianBruderer

The steps are:

1) Right click on the left "button" part of a line in your sequence. I would suggest doing it on the top channel.

2) select "insert channel" then "insert channel above"

3) left click on the channel you just created. A dialog box will appear.

4) change the name of the channel to something like "mega tree" or "subsequence"

5) For the channel type there is a drop down. The bottom most option in the drop down is "sequence". Select "sequence"

6) There will be a "..." button on a line at the bottom. Click on the "..." button and select the sequence that you exported and want to be in the subsequence

7) This final step is important. The subsequence will only play while the channel is "on". Right click on the row for the subsequence, select the whole row. Right click on the selection and choose "on"

Note that the above steps are in the video tutorial mentioned in the previous reply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...