Light-O-Rama Forums

Color Change for a whole Sequence in 6.14

SB Upstate

Hey folks - I added the new matrix prop this year and in the RGBPlus sequence for Night Enchanted i bought from the LOR store the purple color which is used quite a bit across many props appears essentially blue on my matrix prop.   Through the hardware app I can tweak the color combination and get a really nice purple.   I am now a bit stuck on how to adjust this for the whole sequence.....do I have to go in every motion effect and change the color?  is there a way to change the purple one time and have it automatically update all effects for that prop?   first time I have really had to do this and I realized I am not yet savvy on how colors are managed within the software.    What is my best approach here?  thanks in advance for any help

The loredit file is actually a xml file - within that xml file are the color intensity settings for each bulb ( ie. >   intensity="-8388480" ) that numerical value represents the color...

Now, if you were to find the Intensity Value for the Purple used and replaced it with the Intensity Value of the Purple wanted, you may have something...

Just saying....

Be aware when you edit an XML file that misplacing even a single character will make the file unusable in Sequencer. Work on a copy and verify that it opens in Sequencer after you edit.

Agree with Phil on that.  It is REALLY to mess up the file and make it unreadable.  I have in years past done a LOT of manual editing of the xml files, but I do know what I'm doing.  Save the file WITH A NEW NAME very regularly (as often as each edit - especially as a beginner).  Then open that file in Sequencer to make sure that it will open and that it accomplished what you intended.

BTW, you will likely have to spend quite a while at first just figuring out the file format before you can make any changes that don't break the file.