Light-O-Rama Forums

Can 1602WG3 be used as a 16 channel controller?

WCorrero

I have a CTB16PC and was given an almost new 1602WG3.  I just want to use the 1602 as a controller add-on to my sequences I did last season?  I have 6.1.2 Advanced & 2nd year veteran from 16 channel show last season.  Also adding 3 moving head via DMX.  How do I set up the 1602 please?

Until this year I had a mix of the plastic and metals case. All 1602 now. Open the case, plug it in, change the channel to L02 (lightorama network 2), cable it inline with your 1602 and enjoy your second controller. All pretty much the same for non-Dmx standard AC/LED purposes. Big difference is you set channel ID on the metal units and use the slhatdware utility to set the channel on the plastic units.

Edited by LaughsBrightly

LaughsBrightly:  Thanks so much for confirming what I had "guessed" would the way to go about it.  Hope your shows are fabulous this season!!!

Edited by WCorrero

45 minutes ago, WCorrero said:

LaughsBrightly:  Thanks so much for confirming what I had "guessed" would the way to go about it.  Hope your shows are fabulous this season!!!

Happy to help. Minor corrections in my reply (made on my mobile) - I assume your original controller is set to controller 1 (factory default) so suggest you set the new one to controller 2 (L02 in the controller LED). And you use the *hardware* utility in the LOR software to set the controller ID on the plastic units. 

Spent last week at my Dad's working on show #2 and I start setting Show #1 this week. Nothing like hanging out in 30 degree weather. Good luck with yours as well - be warned, that this hobby can get expensive. I spent nearly $3k this summer on a barn to hold my Halloween and Christmas lights.

It's so much fun!!  Yes, the CTB16PC is set to unit #1.  I had done the 1602 to #2 so all is good.  I have used some DMX for lights in a band I played in but not really detailed like I want to do here.  I have a friend who is a Lighting Director and has done some large acts including Amy Grant, Jimmy Buffet and others.  When he saw mine last year he said "you missed your calling...."  Some of his had 24+ Varilights - all controlled by DMX.

Thanks so much for your help!!!