Light-O-Rama Forums

Store Login

cbelt4

For the past few months (started in August ) I cant seem to login to the so called store. Well tonight I decided to try again. And same BS that happens every year. My password was changed. Why??? You got me. this is just for the store. I set it up in July of this year. But I got busy after that and remembered I needed a few things from the store. My login fails every time. Tonight I got 404 please see attached. any Idea why a user name and password that I choose ( i don't need a memory stabilizer ) Fails??

image.thumb.png.501073e6275f0716a33690b42fb48536.pngimage.thumb.png.501073e6275f0716a33690b42fb48536.png

6 minutes ago, cbelt4 said:

For the past few months (started in August ) I cant seem to login to the so called store. Well tonight I decided to try again. And same BS that happens every year. My password was changed. Why??? You got me. this is just for the store. I set it up in July of this year. But I got busy after that and remembered I needed a few things from the store. My login fails every time. Tonight I got 404 please see attached. any Idea why a user name and password that I choose ( i don't need a memory stabilizer ) Fails??

image.thumb.png.501073e6275f0716a33690b42fb48536.pngimage.thumb.png.501073e6275f0716a33690b42fb48536.png

You would be better served if you create a HD ticket.

They changed some things about the store which was posted online but I do not recall the situation.

Best of luck but they can fix it really easy if you submit a ticket.

JR

I vaguely recall they changed the store and we had to create a new account and my order history was then moved over.

Yes I know. about the store changes this problem is. I had already registered for the store. the thing is now. I cant login with the user name and password I selected. tonight I reset my password and the above is what I got. When I try with the new password.

Edited by cbelt4

Based on the "Request ID" line, it has me thinking you are getting blocked by something beyond what LOR might be able to control.

I'd try without any VPN that you might be running, or ad blockers, etc. 

1 minute ago, Jimehc said:

Create an account with Email address (on file with LOR) and add password...

He mentioned he already created an account.

Since July a user account & password was required - most think they had an account before -  Use the

Create an Account... Link

Edited by Jimehc

1 minute ago, Jimehc said:

Since July a user account & password was required - most think they had an account before -  Use the

Create an Account.........

spacer.png

And the store launched on June 22, which is when user accounts became possible.

And now that I have a second to breathe ... 

Worth noting that you don't need an account to make a purchase. Yes, creating an account will let you see your previous order history, but you don't actually have to create an account or log in to make a purchase. (And before you question me, please know that I defined most of the technical specs in the new store, so I do know what I'm talking about.)

I had an issue with it when I went to purchase my Pixie16D unassembled controller board.  I couldn't log in on my account I had set up initially.   I had to create a 2nd account with a different e-mail and password, so to see the Pixie16D order I have to log into that 2nd account.  The original account I set up and was working until I wanted to place that order didn't work, and I had to set up that same original account a 2nd time to see those past orders using my original e-mail I registered the software with and a new password.   So now I have two store accounts for LOR because of some type of glitch.

I don't use VPN's and the ad blockers I use have never interfered with the LOR website because they are White listed in the ad blockers, so the LOR website is ignored by them.

But something happened that removed my original settings, which are saved by my browser, if I had never set up an account those fields would never be populated with e-mail or the line of asterisks for the password field filled in, which they were.  I didn't get any error though, it just didn't log me in to the store and acted like there was nowhere for the login page to access, just stayed on the login page.   So I clicked the "Create new account" and nothing happened, just strayed on the login page.

Once I created the 2nd account by entering the info, then clicked Create New account, I got the info page to fill in other details, and it worked and was able to order the Pixie16D unassembled controller.

But I see no way to merge these two accounts so ALL my orders would be on the same account.  Later, when I tried the first account info, by clicking the original account info that was saved, I had to click Create New account again to get all the old info back up again.

So I don't know why, how, or what caused the issue, but the only way I could place my order for the Pixie16D was by creating another new account at the time, as I could not access the old one, and it would not create a new account for the original account at the time either.   That was a bit frustrating.

And the 2nd e-mail account I used has zero ties to anything when i initially registered my LOR Software Suite back in 2010.  But at least I was able to buy and receive the Pixi16D unassembled controller I needed.  So, yes, I currently have 2 separate accounts now for the LOR Store because of something that caused the issue.   And nothing has changed on my computer that would have changed my access or inability to access the original Store Login I had created originally.

Edited by Orville
Fix typos
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked