Light-O-Rama Forums

Signature Graphics

Wayne K

I have noticed that the Light bulb count and channel count graphics have disappeared from my signature. I was thinking I got that from a signature generator on  Planet Christmas. But I don't see anything on that sight about this. Anyone remember where the signatures came from and are they still available?

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

For the info. I copied and pasted the code as the directions indicated, but all I get is the code when looking at one of my pages as you can see below. Anyone have an idea why this does not work or what I am not doing correctly?

Thanks

Wayne

Edited by Wayne K

I took a look and I figured out why the AusChristmas signature generator wasn't working...

It's a problem with this forum. Above where you edit and change your signature it says:

Maximum of 2 images Images up to 600 x 200 pixels Maximum of 4 URLs Maximum of 5 lines 

Not sure when the 2 image rule came into affect here as I remember it used to allow something like 4 in the past... The Auschristmas signature uses more then 2 images, as it generates separate images for each digit of your channel count along with the side images. My personal signature is 7 images in total, so it obviously doesn't meet the 2 image rule.

The only fixes would be to convince the admins to change that rule and allow for more images.

Or the more realistic option would be to make your signature and take a screen shot of it to turn it into a single image. Then host it either here or on a alternative file upload site like imgur, or catbox, Better yet would just be to host your signature files on your own web server if you have one, (for something like a show website) as that would give you the most control. Furthermore, you could just make your own signature from scratch and do whatever you wanted in a photo editor. This would also allow you to keep your signatures regardless of what websites, or signature generators come and go in the future.

Hope this helps.

Edit:

I did the screenshot method for @Wayne K as I noticed the broken links in your signature.

https://i.imgur.com/RxxwEHz.png

spacer.png

In the signature you'll want to update it using the other media > insert from URL, (or insert from existing attachment if you had enough space to upload it here).

If the scale of the image is too big or small, you can double click it to change the image size. Keep in mind the 600x200 size limit for signatures here. I changed the size of the above to 500x45, the keep aspect ratio check box can be a big help.

Trying this all, I also learned this forum does not accept BB code anymore, Ie: [IMG] tags. So don't bother trying them here. Just use the "other media" to insert.

How they've managed to take such a simple thing as signatures, and turn it into such a pain is beyond me.

Again... Hope this helps.

Edited by canadianchristmas
More info added

Thanks for the info and the screen shot and your time trying this . I must have hit the wrong number when I was trying it as I have 272 channels. So when I get some extra time I will get back on this.

Wayne

Canadianchristmas

Thanks for the info. Took me a little playing around with different things as I have not done anything like this for a long time. But it works!

Wayne