Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Icicles setup driving me crazy

ShayneT

I am adding 15x7 pixel icicles this year. I set them up as an icicle prop which seems pretty straight forward. But the sequencer seems odd, the r and  c are reversed plus after row 7 it gets weird. The wiring and layout views appear correct but when I play the preview is also sorta weird. I am at a loss. Attached are screen shots. I humbly welcome any suggestions.

Doc1.pdf

• 3 months later...

Just learning more of pixels...but you have carry over of channels...which I believe need to be placed onto another Universe. If Universe can only have a max of 512...the 118 will have to be placed on another universe....usually the next in line. Hope this helps.

Page one of your document shows you starting at Universe 11 channel 318 and page 2 shows starting at Universe 10 channel 1.  I don't see what you mean about Row and column being reversed - seems logical to me.

What pixel controller are you using?  I see you have max channels set to 512 - which is within the DMX spec, but some pixel controllers and some software that can't handle having a pixel splitting universes.  Usually results in a color change at the Universe change.  And yes, carrying over a prop into another universe is fine.  I have one prop that takes 72 universes.