Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega Tree with Pixie 2

sullyp1258

I bought a mega tree used that consists of 8 pixie 2 controllers. I am new at this and looking for some help with getting it sequenced. 

First step is add the mega tree to your preview.  What is the physical arrangement of the tree - i.e. number of string, number of pixels per string, arrangement of strings (top to bottom, or bottom to top, or bottom to top and back down either on the other side or adjacent string, etc)?  You can build it almost any way you want, but the preview MUST match the actual construction.

Also, be sure to install the Pixies in the order used in you preview, You can daisy chain the  LOR network ports.

Remember each pixie 2 uses 2 LOR ID AND the ID counts in HEX 01...09, 0A...0F,10

I am still stuck I think. I have 16 strings of Rgb bulbs. Connected 8 pixie 2 controllers. String 1 I have my unit Id 10 start circuit 1 end 150. String 2 unit is 10 again but start circuit 151 and end circuit 300. This repeats for each controller. Is this correct. I tried taking a picture but I keep getting a file size to big error. 

If each string is 50 pixels, and if string 01 is your first Pixie 2 with an assigned Unit ID of 10, then the first string would be Unit ID 10 channels or circuits 1 to 150, and the second string would be Unit ID 11, channels 1 to 150. The next Pixie 2 would use Unit IDs 12 (assigned) and 13 (inherited).