Light-O-Rama Forums

Musical Sequences (Video MP4) Show Desktop

joebuck425`

I created a new show using MP4 files so I can sequence lights to videos.  When I run the Show, each time a sequence ends, the Windows Desktop shows briefly while the next video gets ready to play.  Is there something I can do to prevent this?  I would just prefer a black screen on the projector in between sequences.

I'm going to do video for the first time this year. So far, I'm using a second monitor to send the video too rather than the primary screen. By going to the CP Settings, you first select the top option to play on the desired monitor. Move the video to whichever monitor you wish, then select the second option to playback using "Full Screen" mode. Also, if using a second monitor(I highly suggest), select a full black background display for that monitor.

That has been my workaround.  I just setup the desktop wallpaper as solid black and hid the icons so that when it does flash off all you see is a black screen.  I think this will also help if I throw in a sequence that is audio only with no video as long as the CommListener or another little window doesnt decide to present itself unexpectedly and look a bit tacky, but still testing that workflow.

Edited by joebuck425`

Interesting in that I don't see any flash of the MS screen display at all on the monitor that I'm displaying the video too.

S6 does have a slight video playback difference. The window for the video player does not hide itself once it appears whereas previous versions would show/hide it. This may explain why @dgrant does not see a flash to the desktop and @joebuck425` does.  I believe the video playback window will not immediately appear at show start however. It waits till the first sequence with video is played, so depending on your startup, you still may want black desktop.