Light-O-Rama Forums

The time length of the audio file is shorter than the time of the length of the effects.

Steven

Somehow I messed up my SuperStar sequence. It still plays, but it gives this warning and I'd like to fix it.

In S6, I have a SuperStar motion effect that is the entire length of the sequence (because it was originally created in S4 and then imported into S5/S6). I must have done something wrong in the past, because when I double-click on the effect I get this message from SuperStar:

"Warning: The time length of the audio file is shorter than the time length of the effects. If you load this audio file there are effects beyond the end of the audio file that you will never see. Do you want to load the audio file?"

If I answer "Yes", then I can edit and save the SuperStar effects, but every time I do this I get the same message. I'd like to examine and remove these effects that are beyond the end of the audio file, so I figured if I answer "No" it would load the effects without the audio and I could see what they are and delete them.

But no. When I answer "No", SuperStar sits there for a few seconds, then appears to crash, and the Sequencer says "No data received from SuperStar."

After answering "Yes," go to the end of the sequence. There could be effects that hang over the end of the sequence. If there are you can delete or shorten them. If there are effects that lie entirely beyond the end of the song then you get to them via the associated effects dialog. For example, bring up the "scene setup" dialog box. Scroll to the end of the list of scenes in the dialog box. If the time on the last scene is beyond the end of the song then click on the scene in the list of scenes in the dialog box and click on the "delete" button in the dialog box.

Do this for the "morph setup" dialog box, and the others and you should be able to find all of the effects that are beyond the end of the song.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

There could be effects that hang over the end of the sequence.  If there are you can delete or shorten them. If there are effects that lie entirely beyond the end of the song then you get to them via the associated effects dialog.

The problem was solved using both techniques. Thank you.