Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Lights from Home Depot

anagrin2000

I currently have 6 CTB16 and 5 Pixie 2 controllers.  I would like to turn my entire show into RGB lights instead of standard LED.  If I purchase RGB light strips from Home Depot, Like the ones in this link:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/32-ft-44-Keys-300-Lights-LED-String-Light-with-20-Static-Colors-781573160963/317511571

Will these work with my controllers and allow customization?

Those only work with a CMB24 . While it does not say, I suspect they are 12V  (the included controller is generic:5-24V).

BTW A set like this is how I first explored Dumb RGB, knowing I was going to set aside, the included controller and just use the Ribbon.

Learned: Those connectors suck- solder robust -Weather Resistant ones. Learned: The glue will fail over time,some place: use  other means to secure. Learned: Friction Ribbon splices/'T'/'+' really suck.

💡 The controller  (with an home brew  adapter to your connctors) makes a great pre-setup test rig: Does this DUMB string still work after a season in storage. The wall wort (if 12VDC center + ) can be used to power other things LOR

• Like 1