Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't get my pixie 4 to run my program off my SD card.

Mr Christmas

Pixies do not have a SD card slot. You left something out of this problem report 😉

Network speed is suspect (A Pixie 4 does not usually need the fastest speeds or enhanced mode

Yes am using a director. I have the lightning sequence from WOW and copied it onto an SD card and have run it for years with a standard 16 channel LOR controller.  I changed one of my props to RGB and daisy chained it to standard controller.  I am getting a solid network light and everything else works even if I run it with Pixie 4 in-between daisy chain. Is there a way to run enhanced off an SD run network?

I set up the RGB part of the sequence in Pixel Editor and it worked ok off my computer and used simple show to transfer the whole show to SD card.

On 10/10/2022 at 10:23 AM, Mr Christmas said:

Is there a way to run enhanced off an SD run network?

It depends on what Director you have.  If you have the basic black-plastic mini-director, then no.  You can probably get by with a single pixie daisy chained off that with your AC controller, as long as what you are trying to get the pixels to do is not too complex.  Make sure your pixie has a different id than the AC controller.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 3:24 PM, hasslerk said:

It depends on what Director you have.  If you have the basic black-plastic mini-director, then no.  You can probably get by with a single pixie daisy chained off that with your AC controller, as long as what you are trying to get the pixels to do is not too complex.  Make sure your pixie has a different id than the AC controller.

Yes, he can run enhanced on any of the directors. Even the old G3 director.

When setting the SD card in the HUB the OP needs to use the “advanced” and not simple mode.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1