Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie8D Not Found (HU)

Durty

So, I hooked up my 16 channel AC controllers, set the IDs to 01 and 02 respectively.  Hooked up my Pixie8D, show it plugged into the same COM port but when I refresh on the HU...no controllers found.  LED is steady red once I have it plugged in to the computer.  Probably something simple I'm missing (this is the first time I've used a Pixie so maybe there is something more I'm supposed to be doing).

1 hour ago, Durty said:

So, I hooked up my 16 channel AC controllers, set the IDs to 01 and 02 respectively.  Hooked up my Pixie8D, show it plugged into the same COM port but when I refresh on the HU...no controllers found.  LED is steady red once I have it plugged in to the computer.  Probably something simple I'm missing (this is the first time I've used a Pixie so maybe there is something more I'm supposed to be doing).

Pixies Ship ID 01, You already have a 01. Start with ONLY a Pixie. change the ID. 03 is next (but you CAN skip). Remember Pixie 8 uses 8 UP consutive ID's starting wit the ONE you assign. 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A

20 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Pixies Ship ID 01, You already have a 01. Start with ONLY a Pixie. change the ID. 03 is next (but you CAN skip). Remember Pixie 8 uses 8 UP consutive ID's starting wit the ONE you assign. 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A

I cannot change the ID as the HU is not seeing the Pixie Controller when I hit "Refresh".

31 minutes ago, Durty said:

I cannot change the ID as the HU is not seeing the Pixie Controller when I hit "Refresh".

I assume, you removed the other controllers for this step?

I also assume the LED is on/flashing? (flashing say it does not see the LOR adapter-control.) Not on is a power issue (or a board fail) Power must be applied to the Right set of power terminals (I think it says LOGIC)

Use the switches then (page 42 in the manual).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I assume, you removed the other controllers for this step?

I also assume the LED is on/flashing? (flashing say it does not see the LOR adapter-control.) Not on is a power issue (or a board fail) Power must be applied to the Right set of power terminals (I think it says LOGIC)

Use the switches then (page 42 in the manual).

I'm sorry, I thought there were no DIP switches...my sincere apologies, it was there right in front of my face.

Edited by Durty

Thanks Ducks, that was the simple problem that I figured I was missing.  I was convinced I didn't have a gen 2 board since I didn't see the DIP switches.  Just completely over looked it.

11 hours ago, Durty said:

Thanks Ducks, that was the simple problem that I figured I was missing.  I was convinced I didn't have a gen 2 board since I didn't see the DIP switches.  Just completely over looked it.

LOR keeps changing things. IMHO the Gen 2 changes were for the better. You can just add a jumper for EOL termination (a good practice) as needed, Disable Aux power to the CAT5 to avoid odd clashes with other stuff.