Light-O-Rama Forums

Matrix Not Working Right

Tumblegrass Lights

I am having an issue with my Halloween matrix. And I hope someone can help me.

I am using Version 5.6.8, and when trying to do a simple 7 high by 14 wide matrix, and it is not doing right.

I am attaching links to the videos of what it does

and what it should be doing. 

I am also using a Gen 3 Mini-Director, and the box controlling it is a Pixie8.  

If anyone has any suggestions to fix this, I would really appreciated it. 

Thank You

Since I have no way of knowing what you wished to see on the display, hard to identify the fix. First, go to your preview display as it should show what you are seeing on the prop itself. If it replicates what you are seeing, then start there to resolve the issue. Usually its a case of the wrong start channels in the wrong location or like its addressing starts at the bottom left or top left sort of thing. Also, your preview orientation could be wrong.

The second video is showing what it should be doing, which is from the preview screen, it should just be lines moving across the matrix. But it looks like it is not going to the right pixels in the matrix. To me it looks like it is moving different lines in different directions, instead of in sync as it should. I had words scrolling across in it originally but since it was not working, I tried to go with something simple to check it and that is not working either.  

Also I have done the testing from the controller, and it moves the pixels in the right order for the matrix, as it is set up, starting it the bottom left hand corner and moving in order to the right and then up to the next line and back to the left. This is a single 98 count pixel string in the matrix and on its own channel. In the software, I have it set as a single string of 98 pixels with 7 folds in it.    I am attaching a photo of how it is defined in the sequencer. 

It is just when I try to run it in the show that it does this. In the preview, it all looks right and in testing the pixels work correctly, so I am at a lost for what is causing this issue.  

Matrix_Settings.jpg

The preview is showing 7 folds which makes 8 rows so the preview is showing the 8x12 Matrix but the prop is 7 x14. and that is the reason for the mess you see at the prop. just change the folds and try it out again.

• Like 1

That fixed it! Thank You so much for the help. I knew it was something small that I was not seeing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tumblegrass Lights said:

This is a single 98 count pixel string in the matrix and on its own channel.

From a terminology standpoint, it's not a channel.  It's an output or port on the controller, but your 98 pixel string has 294 channels.

Glad your fix was easy.  That is a very common error BTW, so it was easy to spot (provided we could have seen any detail in your video).

• Like 1