Light-O-Rama Forums

Simple request

cmoore60

I have used my real name since I started this hobby in August, 2005 and it hasn't caused me any pain nor fame during that time.

Charles Belcher

Hey - I'm here with the name my grandkids gave me. In fact my 2 year old Grand Daugher calls both of her grandpa's Papa - but she calls me Papa HO HO! And she LOVES Frosty the Snowman!

Robin is speaking from his heart - and trust me this idea of names and locations has caused him and others great pain. Robin and I are good friends, and the only thing that I read in his post was frustration. That topic caused a great rift some time back at another place.

Personally I love to share - my ideas - designs - and abilities. In the 4 years I have been part of this I have seen good people (such as Robin) get burnt by folk who we share an idea or solution with, and that person takes that Idea and puts their name to it and touts it as their personal idea and accomplishment. So we are cautious to whom we give our name and address and ideas to.

But trust me - If you want to know anything about wire frames - ROBIN is Da Man!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Didn't realize my info wasnt in there. Just added it. Lovely Northeast Ohio for anyone that would like to come and say hello! Not too far from the NFL, Pro football hall of fame!!

-Troy

Yes, its about time this thread was bumped again. I'm in agreement with everyone from last year. So c'mon people, lets get those things filled out. It's just plain polite, if nothing else. Besides, how can anyone know whether to give you good advice or crummy advice unless we know how far away you are?

• 5 weeks later...

Nova5 wrote:

Location = Meaningless or Lie. I never give accurate ones.

That's ok, we'll just give meaningless or false answers when you ask a question. No problem. The reason for asking for location is so others can drop by to admire your work. I'll be the first to admit it was visiting Ron Lister's display in Kissimmee, FL that really made me want to get into this hobby. I may have gotten into it anyway, but seeing it up close really sold the deal. P.S. Probably won't lie when you ask a question anyhow, just not the way to start with a new group of potential friends. Anyway, Welcome,

Bill
  • Like 2

I agree 110%. What about moisture, is it snow, ice , sleet or just plain , good old liquid sunshine like we get in Florida. Besides, I bet hardly nobody knows where Spring Hill is. And like George said, If you are too close we might give you the wrong info so our's will always look better.:D

i'll meet you there and bring the spray paint to cover up the camera !!!

i agree too, just put your info up there. it really does make it easier to help out. i know here in FL, at least by me lately, we seen ALOT of rain. about 2" in one day, and anything near the ground was under water!

I didn't Think it was ever going to quit raining' but you have to say it was a nice weekend. Temps got to around 54 at night at my house.

Its just a bit of paranoia, plenty of nutjobs around the web are too easy to offend and take things to extremes. I understand why you folks think its nice, but I don't trust the world.

Trust yourself, Trust Death. The rest.... be wary.

• 1 month later...

I live so far away from civilization that giving my location does not mean much. I am hundreds of miles away from anyone else that animates there lights so I really am a novelty to the local population of 3500 people that live in my area.

To each there own I suppose. Everyone in my community knows me as the crazy light guy anyway.

Guest Don Gillespie
:) By stating where you live not only helps newbies in the area it also promotes others to join who can go and ask you questions about how to get started I know one thing for sure there is going to be another newbie from Medicine Hat joining shortly that will releeve the preasure of me being a newbie in this town he can have the title, and I can drive over and help him out if he needs any help.

• 2 weeks later...