Light-O-Rama Forums

Separate Unit ID

avalanch00
Go to solution Solved by dibblejr,

I have a prop that uses 8 ports, with 2 different string pixel lengths. 100 pixels, 82 pixel, 100 pixel, 82 pixel.   If I check the enter a channel on every row, and Separate Unit ID for each RGB string I don't get the option to enter other unit IDs.  

Running in Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (64-bit), Version 5.6.8.

I just need to set Unit ID to

unitid.PNG

The 82 pixel strings are 246 (82 x3= 246), it's the not getting the separate unit ID.  It's a custom prop (the wings), I can see the separate unit ID if I do a 180 tree.

Is this on a Pixie controller?

Show us the prop definition page.

There is no need to set the max circuit to anything but the default 512 in most cases.

4 hours ago, avalanch00 said:

Running in Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (64-bit), Version 5.6.8.

Please update your forum profile to reflect 5.6.8 - a lot of differences between that and the 5.1.4 that you are currently showing.

• Solution

You are going to have to either use the LOR conversion tool that works wonders for pixie controllers or

In the custom bulb placement grid place your nodes as if they are DMX universes

Or use 1-999 as your node placement. Only using your number of nodes per section. After each section is complete save the prop giving it the unit ID you need. It will require a little planning ahead of time.

go back and do the next section and save the prop.

Repeat until finished and then creat a group with all the props and then put them together in the Preview.

Once they are together and working export the prop as a group.

It sounds difficult but it’s not. 

These props were not designed for pixie controllers however thanks to LOR software engineers they can handle the props.

Remember the nodes must be placed on the prop exactly as you do in the custom layout.

Best to take a picture and number the nodes.

* edit

Those wings may have already have been converted for a pixie controller.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I see your problem solved in a different and possibly easier way but this would require all pixel string to be 100 Pixels in length. I am wondering why you are only using 82 pixels on some strings and 100 on the others. So here is my solution. Rather then subdivide the existing prop definition layout as described by JR, (which I have used myself and it does work) re-work the prop to use all 100 pixel strings. here is why. in the prop definition there is the box in the upper right that says Max Circuits. This tells the software how many circuits per string the prop is using. so If you use 100 pixels per string it should be set to 300. now since this prop has a greater number of circuits then 300 you will see a carry over amount. these carry over circuits will automatically be assigned to the next sequential port/unit ID.. In your prop the unit ID shows 4A so the next 300 circuits (100 pixels) will be assigned to unit 4B and the next 300 to 4C and keep going until all the carry over circuits are assigned to a unit ID. This is automatic and unfortunately the window only shows the first Unit ID. Your Prop definition below shows 512 circuits which assigns 170 pixels to each port/unit ID (pixel string). with that said, In your situation I would rewire the prop to use 100 pixel strings and then set up the prop definition accordingly knowing that the carry over circuits will be assigned automatically. I have requested to the LOR software gods if they can add a feature to Manually set up the carry over port/unit ID assignment and string pixel count but at this writing nothing has changed in S5. Once the max circuit is set, all strings/port in the prop will be set to that amount. I am not using S6 so I cant speak to what it can or can not do. The only benefit to this way is you would only have one prop definition. JRs way would create multiple props combined in a group. this adds multiple prop definitions which means the more props created for the Group adds a tremendous amount of calculating time when loading or editing any sequence that use that group. Large custom props like this one can slow down the sequencer. Those of us who have been using S5 knows this. So the least amount of props in the sequence helps speeds things up when sequencing.  hope you find the solution that works for you,

Kenny

On 9/30/2022 at 7:31 PM, avalanch00 said:

Screenshot_20220930-202922.png

There is a way to get multiple (and settable) unit IDs for each of your four strings in the prop, but it's tedious. Scroll to the section for "Multiple Pixel Strings" in this link to learn how to do it. Basically in your prop's custom light placement grid, you need to use large numbers to get additional strings. String 1 will be 0XYZ, string 2 will be 1XYZ, string 3 will be 3XYZ where XYZ.
https://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/6.1.2/help/custom.htm

Thanks Kenny, I ended up breaking up the into four props and grouped them.  I didn't build the prop, I bought it from someone.

Jeremiah looks like that's 6.1.2, I'm still running S5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avalanch00 said:

Jeremiah looks like that's 6.1.2, I'm still running S5.

It's in S5 as well, I just had the S6 manual handy at the time. Here is a direct link to the same information for the 5.6.8 version you are running.
https://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.6.8/help/custom.htm

Defining strings in the light placement grid:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvuEQSc6qO9KgZNloRbhbFChahyMlg?e=Xqrs6y

Defining unit ids for both strings:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvuEQSc6qO9KgZNkmPqBU8sS0IXg8g?e=I0mTcw

Edited by Jeremiah Ackermann

6 hours ago, Jeremiah Ackermann said:

It's in S5 as well, I just had the S6 manual handy at the time. Here is a direct link to the same information for the 5.6.8 version you are running.
https://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.6.8/help/custom.htm

Defining strings in the light placement grid:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvuEQSc6qO9KgZNloRbhbFChahyMlg?e=Xqrs6y

Defining unit ids for both strings:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvuEQSc6qO9KgZNkmPqBU8sS0IXg8g?e=I0mTcw

This is some great information. I remember reading that I could set up props this way but I didn't know that the port information with all the unit IDs and circuit info would show up. Looks like I am going to start redoing a few of my larger props to this set up for the 2023 show. the 2022 show is set in stone. Thanks Jeremiah.

Kenny