Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Track 1 vs Show All Items

mjdamico23

After I converted all my sequences to the S5, it all shows in groups like it should, but the new elements I added are not showing under Track 1, but they show in "Show all Items', how do I get it to show in Track 1; will that matter? will the elements play during the show or does it need to be under Track 1?  Thank you!

Grid Views are the new Tracks.

"Show All Items" should (in my opinion anyway) be considered the main/master track. From there you would create new Views to work from. You can export/import the Grid Configuration and use that in your other sequences.  Right clicking on any channel will give you the option to "Copy item to another Grid View." You can also "Save View As" and it will copy the then current view to a duplicate view with the same name.

Like Tracks, you can have views with all or just some of the channels in your display.

Track 1 was the Grid View carried over from original sequence... Show All Items - is the grid view of all the props in your preview

I still cant get the Show all items into any grouping.  I've grouped them and saved them but when I try an import into another sequence nothing loads.

Show all is a system generated group. It has very limited customization options and can't be saved. You should create your own grid view groups and arrange them how you want, then export them. They can then be imported into your other sequences.

I do virtually no sequencing in the Show All group, but in my own custom grid views.

But why would certain elements not show in Track 1? I tried making a new sequence, imported the grid configuration and it still shows in grouos on Track 1 (but missing elements that are shown in show all items) and the show all items are not grouped

I was able to save as but when I go to add view and click preview props; it want me to re-order everything again.  Just not understanding what I am missing.  Getting frustrating

UPDATE:  Holy Crap, I finally Got It!  Thanks for the input everyone!

5 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

See if this video helps.

Yes, just got done watching that before you posted this lol.  Thank You