Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama Control Panel stuck at "Initializing sequences page"

marcnorthover

Recently upgraded to the latest LOR-6.1.2.  After install, opening the control panel it is stuck on this screen (20+ minutes).  I rebooted the computer and tried again but shows up again.  Unable to get out of demo mode with the sequencer until I can register in the Control Panel.  HELP!

image.png.aec7d8e96517285dcc5fa2664ae2b92c.png

And if that does not work, repeat with the addition of running the LOR registry wipe program after uninstalling.

Here is more info.

1) Moved all my sequences from out of my default sequences folder (~/Documents/Light-O-Rama/Sequences)

2) Started up the software

3) The problem goes away

4) I just copied over the sequences from last year (*.loredit, *.lss, media files) and it still works.

I have over 10 years of sequences, some were built using very old versions of LOR (Files with extensions: *.lms, *.lms.lcs, *.lms.lsv, *.loredit).  My guess is one of the older sequences is tripping up the software.

Only the LMS files are editable sequence files in S4 and are able to be imported into S5. LOREDIT files are the new format for S5 and later. LCS and LSV are NOT sequence files.

These are the file extensions used PRIOR to S5.

https://lorfaq.com/lor-file-extensions/

On 10/1/2022 at 10:12 AM, marcnorthover said:

Here is more info.

1) Moved all my sequences from out of my default sequences folder (~/Documents/Light-O-Rama/Sequences)

2) Started up the software

3) The problem goes away

4) I just copied over the sequences from last year (*.loredit, *.lss, media files) and it still works.

I have over 10 years of sequences, some were built using very old versions of LOR (Files with extensions: *.lms, *.lms.lcs, *.lms.lsv, *.loredit).  My guess is one of the older sequences is tripping up the software.

It does sound like one (or more) of the old LMS files may be causing an issue. You can test this yourself by putting them back in their original location one at a time, and then try opening the Control Panel.

Or you could put them all in a folder on a DropBox, One Drive, or Google Drive and share the link with me in a PM. And then I can test them for you.