Light-O-Rama Forums

Newby trying to control outdoor flood lights

Oaklandwr

I am the media director of our local church.  Each year we put on an outdoor live nativity drama play a couple weeks before Christmas.  This program is prerecorded on a CD with narration and music and last about 40 minutes.  We use a total of 21 individual circuits that control outdoor 90 watt led floodlights.  At the present time we are using (3)  8-channel relay packs that are manually controlled..either on or off.  I would like to use the light o rama  8- channel relay boxes with the software.  I purchased the Pro starter kit with the basic plus software but I cannot figure out how to setup the software, just to control the led flood lights.  When the show is running,  There maybe only one led light on or 7 or 8 lights lit.  I would like to program the software to only turn on or off certain led light at a preset time during the show.  Is this possible with the software We have?  Software version 5.6.8.  Thanks,  Any help would be appreciated.

Are you talking about a DIO board or an AC controller (CTB16)?  (AFAIK the 8 port AC is no longer Available and/or is also not Gen3 featured)

The AC  (gen3) controller has a per port setting for OnOff  (prevents dimming, for non-dimable lights) using the HU.

If your bulbs ARE Dimmable, the you are even further ahead.  If you have a Mix be sure to mark those cords and sockets that do not dim.

I use a Red Zip Tie on the Plug and socket end to discourage  stupidity (I destroyed an expensive string by dimming what should of been On Or OFF. 

BTW Do Not be rapid with those type either. they may have needed soft starts)

The Sequence Editor has time marks at the top. You just set the effect for the duration per port (AC channel).  You have 16 ports Per Controller to play with.

You only need 2 . and that leave spares

Edited by TheDucks

53 minutes ago, Oaklandwr said:

We are using the LOR800w g3 controllers  (3) each.  with the 5.6.8 software.

You have the commercial version, everything else I said is still true.

Your preview will assign 3 ID's (1 per box),(you also need to configure each boxes ID 01,02,03)

At this point S4,S5,S6 could design your show.

Do All have the Show director? You need to disconnect 2 of them and slave those to the one with (daisy chain with CAT5).

The only issue is, CAN THE SD card, hold your 40 min Audio (Fixed bit rate). The rest is just indicating which lights are on at a time mark.

I believe this is a Musical Sequence (because it has Audio). There are quite a few members  in Ga that are more familiar with S5 (I have S6, but I continue on S4 as my brain does not get preview centric))