Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 how to delete row 1 and row 24 of a pre written motion effect in a matrix

randy88cougar

I have a 24x48 matrix which i need to make 22x48. but have written hundreds of motion effects for many songs. I tried to erase just rows 1 and 24 in the channel level from prop however that does not erase the rows in the motion effect. so row 24 is not a problem but row 1 is. the only way i see for it to work would be to tape up row 1 as not to be visible. any suggestions would be appreciated thanks in advanced

Do you need to remove them from EVERY sequence? If so, you should be able to remove those bulbs from the channel config. I would use the Bulk Change and and change their Unit ID to a non-existent Unit ID. Then, even if the sequence wants to light them, it will try to light the non-existent Unit ID, ignore the bulbs on the existing Unit ID and the bulbs on the rest of existing Unit ID should stay lit, just as before.  

ok so this was made in S5 preview as a matrix. because of that there is no option to change any channels in the matrix. it only works by folds. i have strings that are 144 bulbs with 2 folds making it 3 rows of 48 per universe. but just wanna get rid of first 48 bulbs. and all sequencing for them. i do not see a bulk change or unit id option for only the first part of the string.

so do you have the full Matrix as a single Motion Effect?

Whereas you could change that motion effect to "custom" and not select upper and lower pixels...

1 hour ago, randy88cougar said:

ok so this was made in S5 preview as a matrix. because of that there is no option to change any channels in the matrix. it only works by folds. i have strings that are 144 bulbs with 2 folds making it 3 rows of 48 per universe. but just wanna get rid of first 48 bulbs. and all sequencing for them. i do not see a bulk change or unit id option for only the first part of the string.

Ok, sorry. I assumed (and you know what happens when you assume) that a matrix was defined the way a regular RGB string is defined. At least every time I've defined an RGB string, I get the definition of each bulb. So....the definition of a matrix is different. Never mind my comment.