Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Visualizer

mjdamico23

How in depth are you with your visualizer? I have a pretty big size landscape and cant get everything in one shot. So does everyone always put in all your props?  I've struggled with visualizer beacuse of this for 10 years lol. I always just watched the channels light up in editor and worked out well so never pushed the visualizer further. But seems I need it for s5. I'm upgrading to s5 because I may want to add a RGB tree but failing miserably in s4 trying to get pixel editor to play in visualizer. Maybe s5 will be easier? 

Any words of wisdom or thoughts. I dont like feeling this defeated so early in the season. 

Edited by mjdamico23
Lots of typos

You will probably need to make your props smaller. But this isn't a problem because you can use Preview Design's zoom feature to zoom in on an area and fine tune the position and size of your props. Then you can zoom in on another area and work on it.

Here's my Preview:

633482052_BluebonnetLights2022-09-11104616.png.8913d6115db822cf144e403c2f651be0.png

Our display is 6 houses, 3 on each side of the street. The best solution was to tile them together and use the zoom feature when working on a particular house.

As you can see from the jagged lines, the superstrings on the trees are not an exact representation of the physical draping.

The other thing to remember is for the most part there is very little requirement to have it look like reality.  Unless you are planning on doing a whole bunch of "whole house" effects, the arrangement does not matter.  I have a very odd shaped yard and almost everything is at odd angles.  Because it worked better to have everything on left / right / up / down in Visualizer, that's the way was drawn.  As long as YOU know what a given light string is, the software could not care less.

1 hour ago, MattBrown said:

You will probably need to make your props smaller. But this isn't a problem because you can use Preview Design's zoom feature to zoom in on an area and fine tune the position and size of your props. Then you can zoom in on another area and 

Thanks for the feedback. It makes a little more sense. Maybe im overthinking way too much

8 minutes ago, mjdamico23 said:

Does every prop need to be on the Preview screen?

No. You can select "Hidden" as the shape. I used the "Hidden" shape for a channel that powers the motors to the wire-frame deer, since that channel isn't connected to a light.

• Thanks 1