Light-O-Rama Forums

PixCon16 LOR Unit ID SetUp

johnhalbert3

9 minutes ago, RoswellSanta said:

Yes. 1 thru 16 in the network preferences but hex in the sequencer preview 

Actually Networks are Regular, Aux A, Aux B, Aux C, etc.  There can be up to 16 networks.  Controller Unit IDs are in Hex.

2 minutes ago, RoswellSanta said:

Next question  my tree has 16 strands of 50. My first 3 strands have pixels for a nested star.  Strands one has 50 plus 70. #2 has 50 plus 50 pixels #3 has 50 plus 30 for 900 pixels.  Can a mini MP3 handle this many pixels?

A slight corrections.  That is 300 pixels - 900 channels.

25 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

A slight corrections.  That is 300 pixels - 900 channels.

They are counting the entire tree, 800 pixels in the tree and 150 pixels in the star, total 950 pixels.

You are not on your game tonight. 😁

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

They are counting the entire tree, 800 pixels in the tree and 150 pixels in the star, total 950 pixels.

You are not on your game tonight. 😁

Guess not.  I was just counting the star...

2 hours ago, RoswellSanta said:

I have a pixcon 16. If I set it 1 thru 16 I can change my controllers to 17, 18 etc. Correct?

21 AND UP    

(...1F, 20)

Personally I leave 01 free, so I can add a new controller (ships as 01) and assign the new ID without disconnections to avoid clashes.

Since we count Hex, I am in the x0 camp (Hex boundary) , even a Pixie/Piccon has all its ID's in a single X. I also leave gaps when using smaller smart controllers, so a grow 4 more ports is painless. Been there Pixie4>Pixie8 when I ran out on my corner controller. Just set the new pixie to the old ID and bolted it in place)

• 2 weeks later...

I set my pixel tree prop in SE preview starting at unit ID as 7, Then auto populates accordingly in her.  In network preferences I set output 1 to 7, 2 to 8 etc.  I plugged the pixcon into a LOR controller then plugged the controller into my PC vis RS485.  When I run the show, my controller operates ok(attached 16 candy canes)  I am not getting any data transfer to my Pixcon. Green light is on, red flashes slowly. What am I missing?

Are you using the PixCon 16 via a LOR RS-485 network or via E1.31 Ethernet network?  A lot of our description has implied LOR networking, but your comment about pinging implies Ethernet networking.  The two are NOT interchangable.  Just to confuse the issue, you do use Ethernet to configure the PixCon 16.  Although I have never used a PixCon 16, I recall reading here that there is an issue if both Ethernet and RS-485 networks are connected, only one can be used.  The other is blocked from being used (and I don't remember which way that goes).  I also don't know if that is still the case.  Also note that if using LOR networking, it MUST be on an Enhanced LOR network.

I have my pixcon daisy chained to my lor controller.  The controller is attached to my computer via RS-485 adapter. No ethernet involved 

I have it on lor enhanced